Mergamatic: Lee Johnson Confirmed Thread

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Heard a cheeky whisper today that Graham Rix will be his assistant.

The man who was on the Sex Offenders Register for having sex with a 15 year-old girl, had a year prison sentence and isn't allowed to work with any footballer under the age of 16?

I don't doubt his knowldege of the game but I find it hard to accept us having somebody with that criminal record at our club...

Listening to his interview and reading plenty about him he seems like he is going to very knowlegable about the game, hopefully he can read a game and apply tactics well.

at the same time he does not sound like someone who wil demand instant repsect from the players, he looks young, he is young, he is bound to be nervous so I am worried how he comes across to the squad in training and on matchdays

With my optimistic head on it all hinges on his experienced number 2 who may be able to help get his point across and and put the fear of god into some of the players.

Him being the brains and his assisant being the brawn if you like until he grows more into the role ala MK Franchise with that :censored: gibbon being helped by John Gorman

Any news on when we appoint the number 2 or any rumours who it may be?

is he player manager? i would not be against that, good passer of the ball if i recall right

Good Luck Lee, you will need it! get the right assistant and this could work! (gut feeling)

Edited by palmer1

Listening to his interview and reading plenty about him he seems like he is going to very knowlegable about the game, hopefully he can read a game and apply tactics well.

at the same time he does not sound like someone who wil demand instant repsect from the players, he looks young, he is young, he is bound to be nervous so I am worried how he comes across to the squad in training and on matchdays

With my optimistic head on it all hinges on his experienced number 2 who may be able to help get his point across and and put the fear of god into some of the players.

Him being the brains and his assisant being the brawn if you like until he grows more into the role ala MK Franchise with that :censored: gibbon being helped by John Gorman

Any news on when we appoint the number 2 or any rumours who it may be?

is he player manager? i would not be against that, good passer of the ball if i recall right

Good Luck Lee, you will need it! get the right assistant and this could work! (gut feeling)

It's the other way round IMO, it's up to the players to earn his respect - he's the boss.

If players can't be motivated by the current situation and an enthusiastic young manager they are not going to impress any prospective employer.

Edited by BP1960

The man who was on the Sex Offenders Register for having sex with a 15 year-old girl, had a year prison sentence and isn't allowed to work with any footballer under the age of 16?

I don't doubt his knowldege of the game but I find it hard to accept us having somebody with that criminal record at our club...

Since when did our club have any morals...

Edited by Lee Sinnott

palmer are you having me on? johnson for me is the cheap option.do you not see it?

I said the same yesterday but he is the new manager.............you can bitch all you want or you can try to look for the positives in the situation and back the new boss.

It's the other way round IMO, it's up to the players to earn his respect - he's the boss.

If players can't be motivated by the current situation and an enthusiastic young manager they are not going to impress any prospective employer.

T

Thats exactly how it should be in an ideal world but this is not an ideal world

we all know what footballers can be like, arrogant know it alls,some players are of similar age and have played at higher levels and may be an issue thinking he cant teach them anything

He said it himself the players have to be ultimate proffesionals, if they are it wont be a problem

I am just trying to play devils advocate BP1960

fairplay palmer but southern lowerleague jorneyman walks into bp an comes out the manager? odd

Think it was Harry Dowd who said it yesterday, he's played for two clubs. Hardly a journeyman.

And what does the fact he's Southern have to do with it. The man most people wanted was a southerner.

Essentially if we stay up this season (which we should do), it becomes a reasonable and understandable appointment. If not its a shockingly bad appointment and the blame lays at the feet of the mobile phone salesman, the estate agent and the retired copper, plus the Scottish forward, the clipboard wielder and the tea-supper.

The problem for Daddy's boy is he will likely get some flak as well and the relegation will be on his CV.

At first was a bit worried about this appointment, but now I'm feeling more optimistic. The guy seems to have his head screwed on, and giving him a 2 year contract is the correct move, it could be hard enough being a young manager to get the respect of the dressing room, and it would be a lot harder if he was only contracted till the end of the season. Any player we have that may want to extend his contract at the end if the season can't afford to sulk and LJ will get to decide hopefully on who he wants to keep or move on.

Looking forward to tomorrow's game, let's get behind him and the team.

At first was a bit worried about this appointment, but now I'm feeling more optimistic. The guy seems to have his head screwed on, and giving him a 2 year contract is the correct move, it could be hard enough being a young manager to get the respect of the dressing room, and it would be a lot harder if he was only contracted till the end of the season. Any player we have that may want to extend his contract at the end if the season can't afford to sulk and LJ will get to decide hopefully on who he wants to keep or move on.

Looking forward to tomorrow's game, let's get behind him and the team.

And he already has their cards marked in his dossiers - so they can't pull the wool over his eyes.

Edited by BP1960

I wish the guy the best of luck and it won't be his fault if it goes t**s up, but for the first time I just can't see any reason as to why Corney's chosen this appointment for manager.

Don't doubt that he's got all his badges, talks the talk and has new, fresh ideas, etc. but surely Corney needed to be looking beyond just a good interview?

He certainly doesn't seem like the kind who will be able to whip this particularly unreliable bunch of players into shape.

It might be a masterstroke, however I fear we needed someone with not only more experience, but someone with more knowledge of how to get players to dig in.

UEFA badges, dossiers and good interview skills won't mean a thing if he doesn't know how to grind out a 1-0 win against seasoned battlers like Hartlepool, Bury and Colchester.