Mergamatic: Lee Johnson Confirmed Thread

Do the fans of any other similar sized clubs to ourselves have the same highly charged and emotive responses to events? Do any other fans suffer such a roller coaster? Football is a life experience and, god knows,we seem to live it every minute.

Brilliant. Great to see such passion over the last couple of days.

Now I'll get behind young Magic.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd rather have this appointment rather than a so called experienced journey man who goes from one failure to the next. If someone like Brown would have got the job I'd nail us down for relegation, as it is with LJ I look at it as 50/50.

I for one don't mind the appointment, any man who can watch that amount of games and there will have been some shockers and still feel he can do a good job obviously has some balls. If he can bring in a good no2 and grow some spines amongst some of our players it could be a really good platform for us to build on a few gutsy players added if we survive the drop and it could be a really good squad. Playing with the ressies is a great idea ad should provide continuity between them and the first team which can only help. In summary it's not a bad appointment even if it isn't who we initially thought it should or shouldn't be

For me the best thing about the whole appointment is that it isn't a past manager and it isn't someone with lots of failure on their CV. A lot of the names being mentioned on here were filling me with dread.

I know nothing about LJ but unless we suddenly get a lot of money and can afford a proven successful manager the only way we will get success is by a lucky appointment of a rookie manager destined for bigger and better things.

Do the fans of any other similar sized clubs to ourselves have the same highly charged and emotive responses to events? Do any other fans suffer such a roller coaster? Football is a life experience and, god knows,we seem to live it every minute.

Brilliant. Great to see such passion over the last couple of days.

Now I'll get behind young Magic.

Thanks

Let's show our support for him tomorrow, regardless of who got the managers job it was and is a tough job, so it's a real baptism of fire for the guy in his 1st managerial position. We can make it a bit easier for him and the team if we show we're 100% behind him. Lee Johnson's blue and white army let's get that chant going tomorrow night

As a Kentish man I know you Northern lot like to speak/blog without thinking.

Lee looks like the ideal appointment for a cash strapped has been.

He knows what the problem is - attitude/fitness not ability and can also bring in 1 or 2 more players. He also has seen what we have seen. No passion, no belief, lack of fitness, wrong tactics - but a team that can perform against Everton.

I now believe that we might not go down. After Saturday I gave us no chance. Come on Lee.