Mergamatic: Lee Johnson Confirmed Thread

ive had a think about things and decided to go tomorrow as have a few others who i go with. I am not at all happy of this appointment (which well and truly reeks of simon corney eg cheap) but i will be giving lee and the lads 110% support as i always have done. Here's to hoping the gamble pays off as if it doesnt then mr corney has a hell of a lot to answer for.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest, I'm a bit gutted I didn't apply now.

I have coached the local girls under 13s for 3 years now with 2 league titles, and one second place (okay there is only 8 in the league, but it still counts).

I have some badges, mainly from my days as a cub scout.

My dad has been to Yeovil a few times.

I got Oldham to European cup glory FM12 with no cheating. (Not played FM13 yet as I don't have the time).

I think I was in with a shot. Ah well, I will apply again in the summer when we are in League Two.

What vast experience of professional football you have, much more than our new manager, why didnt you apply ;)

http://www.oldhamath...aks-721519.aspx

'professionalism, organisation and methodology'

Bloody hell, what's wrong with 110%?

I noticed that too

"Then medium/long term, I want to take the club to where it has not been before in terms of professionalism, organisation and methodology."

He must have seen something he doesn't like whilst he's been watching us

UEFA PRO LICENSE too,

All hinges on his assistant, the three chief scouts in the family is useful. Perhaps a better support network in place than PD had. Looking forward to seeing what he has to say when politely put on the spot from fans….

Right gonna collect these papers in, better do some work

Who wrote the dossier on our players then, him or the family scouts?

But.. Everybody liked Dickov. The problem was with his tactical ineptitude.

Sounds like LJ already has a solid grounding in tactics and methodology. Welcome, Lee. Fans are fickle. Keep us up comfortably and show us what you can do in the summer and next season.

First impressions can be wrong, he seems like a smart enough chap, but came across a little nervous. He's gonna struggle to get the player respect imo. Does he have it in him to blast Mvoto when he :censored:s up?

This is what worries me most. If he was coming in during preseason he could establish himself throughout that before the season started. Coming in now as a rookie, if he rubs some of the players up the wrong way early on it could be curtains. He says he's played with/against a few so hopefully he'll get some respect off those ones anyway, might be difficult with the others

Personally, i do not think his age will come into it. Initially, one or two players may take umbrage at him being young but if he shows he knows what he is doing and gets the right results then he will earn their respect.

I get the feeling if they do not like him then they will have to lump it. He has already talked about professionalism etc and i think there will be huge changes in training and preperation, as there should be when a new man comes in. Sceptical about him but hopeful.

UEFA PRO LICENSE too,

All hinges on his assistant, the three chief scouts in the family is useful. Perhaps a better support network in place than PD had. Looking forward to seeing what he has to say when politely put on the spot from fans….

Right gonna collect these papers in, better do some work

Both Colonel Cautious and Mediocre Martin had UEFA Pro Licences though did they not? They both have them now an dI am pretty sure at least one of them had this at their time at Latics

Well I think it is a better appointment than anyone who you carping lot have mentioned on owtb. Yes I would have liked him to have a few years coaching experience with a successful club but you can't have everything. The more I think about this the better I feel about it.

What I want is someone who is going to build a team of people with character not the supposed can't be bothered better players we have now. So the fact that he is not an ex premiership player with contacts giving us a stream of 19 year old wonder kids who will keep out and demoralise our home grown talent is a real plus for me.

Won't be his fault if we go down either - that will clearly be down to Corney for not sacking and hiring sooner. We need a manager now even more so if we go down because of the need to build for next season.

Come on Lee show this miserable lot what you can do!

First impressions can be wrong, he seems like a smart enough chap, but came across a little nervous. He's gonna struggle to get the player respect imo. Does he have it in him to blast Mvoto when he :censored:s up?

If he's read this forum he will be nervous, wouldn't you: reading some of the comments on here? I don't think he is afraid of firing :censored:s into someone bigger than him, and I rate big J as a top professional, therefore will conduct himself that way, there's always a weeks wage as punishment in the way of a fine if he or any of the others think they're bigger than him.

Good luck Lee, by :censored: you're gonna need it. Would hate to be in your shoes SC if this doesn't work out!