Next Seasons Shirt

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a look on toffs, they do a 1950's shirt but the illustration shows a folded up shirt so you can't see the design, different badge design to the one on the programme. They have the option of putting a name and number on it. Rather spoils the retro look.

3.5% cashback for Latics at Toffs via PlayerShare WebShop.

http://www.spendandraise.com/xtra/shop/retailers/?search=toffs&order=alpha&page=A

3.5% cashback for Latics at Toffs via PlayerShare WebShop.

http://www.spendandr...er=alpha&page=A

Just tried to place an order they are having technical difficulties with their payment gateway, I'll try again later. I'm going for the 1970's Vic Halom blue top for my son's birthday. I've had one for years and it's done well. Not bad at 25 quid.

I'd actually start buying programmes if they were as beautifully illustrated as that! We'd really stand out. Do we have any budding illustrators in our midst? Anyone..?

That's perfect. As long as the blue band goes down the back too and, as the picture above shows, it has white shorts and a thick blue band on white socks.

Never going to happen, unless you can get twenty or so other clubs to also have it?

Never going to happen, unless you can get twenty or so other clubs to also have it?

I can't agree with this idea that we have to put up with a standard template just because we are little old Oldham.

Bristol Rovers have Errea kits yet don't play in an all blue kit just because no other teams play in quarters.

bristol_rovers_2012-2013_zpsb1214df3.gif

Gillingham have a Vandanel kit with a unique design. It is, admittedly, a centenary kit but it's unique nonetheless.

Gillingham_2012-2013_zps9f4117b6.gif

Both are league two and I'm sure do not have significantly greater resources than us and both kit manufacturers are relatively low key in football terms.

I'd actually start buying programmes if they were as beautifully illustrated as that! We'd really stand out. Do we have any budding illustrators in our midst? Anyone..?

That's perfect. As long as the blue band goes down the back too and, as the picture above shows, it has white shorts and a thick blue band on white socks.

That's the one to send to SC, it gives the club it's identity back.

35vfk.jpg

Edited by BP1960

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Oldham_Athletic/Oldham_Athletic.htm

Think its safe to say we don't have a 'classic' design that is timeless and instantly recognisable. Our design seems to break down into the following sections:

1894 - 1907 Red and white stripes (not always the same direction) and dark shorts. Pine Villa for some of this.

1910 - 1966 A mixture of blue and white stripes OR thirds OR blue chest and white sleeves - all with white shorts

1966 - 1972 Orange and blue

1972 - 2013 All blue shirts, and a mixture of blue / white socks and shorts.

There are the odd season where the main pattern is broken i.e. '96-'98 the centenary kit; 2000-02 & 2010-12 where we went back to the '10-'66 design; 1946-48 where we went back to the pre '07 theme. However overall we have jumped around a lot with our design when compared to Arsenal / Bristol Rovers / Blackburn etc. Whose kits are instantly recognisable.

Then you consider that the colours are not that 'stand out' from lots of other teams, it makes things even less recognisable as Latics. At least clubs with a less common colour can stand out a bit and be more unique.

I think that is why, despite only being there for short period in our history we seem to have bonded with blue and tangerine. Its unique. If we'd stuck with that change forever more we'd have something undeniably ours.

However - we never seem to make our mind up and stick to a theme. Therefore it will make our kit choice one that will always flit around and never really have something that truely defines us. However on the other hand it makes our new kit a thing of genuine interest as to what it will be. Arsenal fans don't have the same element of surprise that we do.

Who remembers that two shade red/purple thing we had in the late nineties?

- As worn by superstars Rickers, Dudley,

Absolute shocker but I think i have one in the cupboard somewhere....

I liked the yellow one - got a signed killen match worn one on a wall in the house.

I genuinlly think its time to go Tangerine and blue as a home kit - something along the lines of what we beat everton in the other year. New start....

Edited by Fruitygoo