New owners

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Landlord at the Old Original told me that last week. I fobbed him off and told him it was the biggest pile of bollocks I've ever heard, but he said it was Royle himself who told him...

He told my mum the same thing last week but said his source was Joe Royle's son.

I know Darren Royle quite well, he's pretty quiet and wouldn't spout bollocks for the sake of it.

Dare I venture that the conclusion here might be that the landlord of the Old Original is prone to spouting bollocks for the sake of it? (Nice steaks or not...)

Dare I venture that the conclusion here might be that the landlord of the Old Original is prone to spouting bollocks for the sake of it? (Nice steaks or not...)

Id say spouting bollocks in the warm haze of 8 pints of real ale, you know the one, happens around 6ish on a sunday evening,

His steaks are large but he is a Leeds supporter and you all know what we think about them!

No smoke without fire however. Last year season tickets went on sale on the 10th April and we had until 11th May to take advantage of the reduced price. I understand why the club will have held off until after the Crawley game but I can't understand why an announcement wasn't made on Monday especially as we know a video with the lost Captain Fantastic was produced before he went to South Africa.

Edited by Hands on

I'd have thought if Phil Neville was going to put into any club it'd be Bury...

Considering their plight he would have made a move by now I would have thought.

He came though the Latics juniors (with Paul Scholes and Nicky Butt) didn't he?.. so he might have more attachment here.

Edited by BP1960

The landlord there is always 8 sheets to wind when I go in for my sunday lunch, always tells me that his steaks are the best around and that I could cut into them with a butter knife.

So i had to look up what "8 sheets to the wind" meant. It's a saying used when someone is always drunk and should be "3 sheets to the wind". When they used windmills they used an even number of sheets on the 4 sails depending on wind strength. Using an odd number would make the windmill unstable, wobble and risk falling over. Today I learned.

So i had to look up what "8 sheets to the wind" meant. It's a saying used when someone is always drunk and should be "3 sheets to the wind". When they used windmills they used an even number of sheets on the 4 sails depending on wind strength. Using an odd number would make the windmill unstable, wobble and risk falling over. Today I learned.

you are young but you will learn.

BOLLOCKS.

FANNY.

Actually, this rumour goes back to the early Autumn when a plumber did some work for Joe and Joe, being the laid back legend, decided to confide in him, as you would ( imagine - 'All right Mr.Plumber, here's cup of tea and guess what, i'm trying to buy the club, what do you think.' reply - 'tapped.' counter - 'no need to be rude....oh you mean i need new taps')). The plumber then told a mate who told a relative who told someone who posts on a messageboard.

FANNY.

Actually, this rumour goes back to the early Autumn when a plumber did some work for Joe and Joe, being the laid back legend, decided to confide in him, as you would ( imagine - 'All right Mr.Plumber, here's cup of tea and guess what, i'm trying to buy the club, what do you think.' reply - 'tapped.' counter - 'no need to be rude....oh you mean i need new taps')). The plumber then told a mate who told a relative who told someone who posts on a messageboard.

That's a good one....a leak started by a plumber.

i am gonna throw a name back into the pot

Barry Chatow

have i spelt that right ?

he was on the board but resigned citing conflict of interest . not sure if he was heading a group buying the land around ground or the failsworth plan . there were some chinese whispers a few months back ring any bells anyone ?

His steaks are large but he is a Leeds supporter and you all know what we think about them!

No smoke without fire however. Last year season tickets went on sale on the 10th April and we had until 11th May to take advantage of the reduced price. I understand why the club will have held off until after the Crawley game but I can't understand why an announcement wasn't made on Monday especially as we know a video with the lost Captain Fantastic was produced before he went to South Africa.

That would involve forward planning and having a scheme ready to go immediately after securing league one status. Which sounds far fetched for Latics.