Obsession with past players / managers

Why do our fans keep asking if we would want every single ex player back? I find this obsession really baffling.

Shefki and Haining have been mentioned in the last 2 days.

I might as well start...

Robbie Simpson has been released from somewhere. Would you have him back?

Why do our fans keep asking if we would want every single ex player back? I find this obsession really baffling.

I might as well start...

LOL

Its a strange obsession that I think all fans have.

Not a fan of it generally.

Trying to think of successful ones at Latics ie second spell is better than their first? There have been ones that have done OK when they came back (Croft, Milligan, Ricky Holden)...but actually better second time round? Perhaps John Eyre?

Trying to think of successful ones at Latics ie second spell is better than their first? There have been ones that have done OK when they came back (Croft, Milligan, Ricky Holden)...but actually better second time round? Perhaps John Eyre?

MARK ALLOT - used to be :censored:e but now he's alriteeeee

The worst comeback must have been Andy Goram.

I might as well start...

to put it bluntly, it all boils down to a lack of open mindedness

it probably happens at every club

Edited by Tommy_Fent

I might as well start...

Sadly it goes a long way back than current players. I can think of one of Oldham fan wont say his name (friendly nice lad) but all i hear is how the team should be like the 1990-94 one. When i met Roger Palmer claimed we should sign his Son and Richtie when in fact niether of them play football.

Everytime we need a knew manager its bring back Royle or Richtie. (YES I WOULD HAVE DOWIE BACK BUT DIFFERENT REASONS)

I said on the other thread when someone said we should sign Danny Philliskirk why because of his dad. He has hardly set the world cup on fire and rather sign players based on talent than novality.

Worst return - is another good question.

I think that Goram (Cardiff game although he performed better the following week at Reading IIRC) and Royle are both great shouts. Am convinced that the Royle Return for the last 8 games only WOULD have been extended to a full contract had he achieved a decent return. 8 games w/out win put paid to it in IMO.

Mark Allott.