• Jean Yves M'Voto
    • Craig Fleming
    • Shaun Garnett
    • Paul Warhurst
    • Clint Hill
    • Fitz Hall
    • Mark Hudson
    • Rueben Hazell

Where has all this............................"if you dont say Barrett and Jobson" you are a :censored:ing pig's bell-end come from?

The reason for the question is surely to see what people view's are?

It's an open forum!

Where has all this............................"if you dont say Barrett and Jobson" you are a :censored:ing pig's bell-end come from?

The reason for the question is surely to see what people view's are?

It's an open forum!

I know. It's Barrett and Gregan, or you are an uneducated goat-:censored:er

Kenny Clements

Paul Futcher

Paul Futcher got called into the England squad and may have even played a friendly game for England - all based on his form for Latics

So why has he got so few votes?

Strewth we have had some classy centre halves over the years

Barrett's recoverys from goal conceding situations are legendary and Warhurst was easily the quickest and calmest player on the ball I've ever seen at the club...his acceleration from standing start was unreal...one of the best players I have ever seen at the club.

It has to be these two for me and in their pomp wouldn't have looked out of place in the England back four!

Earl and Jobbo were class without a doubt, but Gregan was the only player on the park that gave a :censored: in Shez's latter months and Penney's era. A fantastic skipper, great football brain (even though the legs were going when he got to us). In fact after some of those dross games the only reason I stayed to the end was to clap him off the pitch. And he was the only player at that time who understood how bad things were but took the time after every game to salute the fans in each stand for their support.Top, Top player. So LJ a 23 year old Gregan on your shopping list please.

Earl and Jobbo were class without a doubt, but Gregan was the only player on the park that gave a :censored: in Shez's latter months and Penney's era. A fantastic skipper, great football brain (even though the legs were going when he got to us). In fact after some of those dross games the only reason I stayed to the end was to clap him off the pitch. And he was the only player at that time who understood how bad things were but took the time after every game to salute the fans in each stand for their support.Top, Top player. So LJ a 23 year old Gregan on your shopping list please.

A 23-year-old Gregan would be playing regularly in the top flight.

Kenny Clements

Paul Futcher

Paul Futcher got called into the England squad and may have even played a friendly game for England - all based on his form for Latics

So why has he got so few votes?

Strewth we have had some classy centre halves over the years

I went for Barrett and Jobbo - but the mention of Clements and Futcher take me back to when I first watched Latics (and defender were allowed to tackle people at that time) - Clements in fact was my first big Latics hero him and Roger Palmer :-))

• 2 weeks later...

Paul Edwards .. David Holt ?? Good honest defenders but for sheer class that transferred to Prem level Warhurst and Barrett followed by the man marking skills of Fleming. Do remember Bill Cranston hoofing ball into the Ford Stand car park every game to waste time-no 'Fergie time ' in those days..

I went for Barrett and Jobbo - but the mention of Clements and Futcher take me back to when I first watched Latics (and defender were allowed to tackle people at that time) - Clements in fact was my first big Latics hero him and Roger Palmer :-))

Yes Futcher, Clements and Warhurst are only a shade behind Earl and Jobson for me