Dickov to be announced new Doncaster Manager!

Colin won promotion with Scarborough, Notts County twice, Huddersfield, Plymouth, Sheff United, QPR and got palace to the play offs - only places he failed here (board of twats didn't back him to put a challenge despite keeping us in the top 6 for most of the season. Bury potless, and Leeds

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck to him if its true. I'd love to know how he answered the interview question:

"Now Paul, can you tell us why you left your previous job?"

And the orther:

"What are your strengths and weaknesses?" :grin:

Colin won promotion with Scarborough, Notts County twice, Huddersfield, Plymouth, Sheff United, QPR and got palace to the play offs - only places he failed here (board of twats didn't back him to put a challenge despite keeping us in the top 6 for most of the season. Bury potless, and Leeds

Not forgetting that, before Scarborough, he won the Northern Premier League Challenge Cup and got to the 3rd round of the FA Cup with the non-league club from the town, mention of which is taboo on here.

for - magic mikey.it was mentioned twice on last nights five live sport.dont shoot the messenager(lol)

Not at all, just wondered if perhaps he was invited on to discuss L1 play offs or something and events have overtaken that.

:rifle:

Edited by Magic Mikey

Well, to be honest, I thought Dickov wasn't far short of being a decent manager and some of his signings were inspired. He never seemed to get credit for his squad building - but was lambasted, perhaps fairly, when he failed to get the squad playing. The cup magic we saw this season was down to him.

I seriously hope it'll work out for him there; he may well surprise us yet.

Always likely as best mates with Ryan hes even mentioned it whilst here. If it does happen can see him straight after Baxter and Simpson. Will be interesting to see how he does but frankly dont care anymore as despite the love in did little of any good when you look back.

Baxter won't be going anywhere but I'm wondering if that's what Simmo is waiting out for...

Sound fella, can't remember a manager leaving with such accolade. Hope he does well bit we were :censored: for far too long. May well have it in him to push on and do well but beside the likeability factor, I saw little of it for a long time.

Dickov also linked with milwall 2day.

What i find strange is that dickov's main strength is his squad building and attracting players but that is going to be brian flynns job. So what exactly will dickov contribute? Tactically inept and training was below par. Strange appointment but good luck to him.

Would like to see him do well interesting he made points in the past about having a bigger budget. Guess this being his first job you can only learn from you're mistakes. I still think he will end up at a League 2 club. My money be on Bradford if Parkinson goes.

He must have the same agent as Pardew. Maybe he also has enormous gambling debts owed to a Director of a club, who is therefore keen for him to remain in employment for a long time

No, never heard anything like that about PD