Paul Dickov gets Doncaster job

There seems to be this view from some fans on here that all his goals were penalties...

Notts County (H) (1) Close range tap-in

PNE (H) (1) 25 Yard FK

Orient (H) (1) 25 Yard Worldy - GOTS

Carlisle (A) (1) Pen

Crawley (A) (1) Deflected 18 yarder

Kiddy (1) (A) 20 Yard FK

Hartlepool (A) (2) Rolled in from 18 yards after complete ballsup. Converted rebound after missing pen

Yeovil (A) (1) Close range header

Scunny (A) (1) Penalty

Forest (A) (1) 20 yard FK

Portsmouth (1) (H) 25 yarder under keeper

Hartlepool (H) (1) 20 yarder

Colchester (H) (1) Header

Carlisle (H) 1 Penalty

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Notts County (H) (1) Close range tap-in

PNE (H) (1) 25 Yard FK

Orient (H) (1) 25 Yard Worldy - GOTS

Carlisle (A) (1) Pen

Crawley (A) (1) Deflected 18 yarder

Kiddy (1) (A) 20 Yard FK

Hartlepool (A) (2) Rolled in from 18 yards after complete ballsup. Converted rebound after missing pen

Yeovil (A) (1) Close range header

Scunny (A) (1) Penalty

Forest (A) (1) 20 yard FK

Portsmouth (1) (H) 25 yarder under keeper

Hartlepool (H) (1) 20 yarder

Colchester (H) (1) Header

Carlisle (H) 1 Penalty

I know, I remember.

But there was someone on here a while back who said most of the goals he scored were pens...

tried to reply earlier but my post seeems to have gone missing.

If JB is to progress then he is surely better to be involved with a club that will hopefully be engaged in a promotion challenge than one that will be relegated next season.

Eh?!

As much as Corney likes to talk about our bad finances. We're not in as bad as a position as he makes out.

We're signing players on 3x the wages they were on at their previous club (Allegedly)

And the cup run has left us with some excess cash.

Can only improve too with the new stand.

I don't understand how we can be short of money bearing in mind how much money this cup run must have earned us...

Because even if the earnings from the cup run are larger than last season's expenditure, any profit will be held to offset against next year's projected losses.

As much as Corney likes to talk about our bad finances. We're not in as bad as a position as he makes out.

We're signing players on 3x the wages they were on at their previous club (Allegedly)

Allegedly.

And the cup run has left us with some excess cash.

See my post above.

Can only improve too with the new stand.

The extent to which so far is some fences that have been put up in the car park.

Because even if the earnings from the cup run are larger than last season's expenditure, any profit will be held to offset against next year's projected losses.

And the majority of unaccounted for income will wing its way straight over the Atlantic.

Has anyone given any thought to the fact that Jose's Dad may not fancy a daily drive to Donny? Unless he goes into digs, of course. I still think he'll be here next season. But I don't think JYM will; and not necessarily Donny, but it's a real possibility IMO.

Do we have to sell Jose Baxter now, no. Swindon were quite desperate for some cash when they sold Ritchie to Bournemouth. So much so that DiCanio (who was a fairly substantial asset himself) walked. We will have made money for the past 2 or 3 seasons (can't remember if we made money in 10/11 or not). Jose Baxter when his contract runs out still makes us money on the "sale" if he goes somewhere else in England. No minimum release clause probably means we can hold out for a bit of money for the time being. Jose might be sold in the summer but for £250k, nah, he could makes us that back in the cups and he could have 2 years to do so too. If we are out of the cups before Jan, then I can see Corney being very tempted by £250k in Jan, now I'd think the bidding starts at £500k. Next summer I'd think English clubs may have to still pay £250k, non-English may be able to get him for less. But that is without him improving, which he is unlikely to do.

£500k now, another good season and you're looking easily £1m+ - he has the class now and is only getting better.

one-season wonders like maynard and powell at crewe went for minimum £1m after doing next to nothing

About time we got real value for money and not settling for bare minimum - sure any money we make on him is a welcome profit but lets have it right for a change.

Point is, we now actually have a couple of assets in baxter, C-H, Dayton and Mellor potentially.

Unaccounted for Income when budgets where set at the start of respective season(s)

10/11 Sold Eaves, Loan Fee for Stephens, TV appearance v Tranmere

11/12 Sold Stephens, TV appearances v MK Dons, Chesterfield (JPT), & Sheff Wed (A) & Share of Gate Receipts Liverpool (A)

12/13 TV Appearances v Sheff Wed, Liverpool & Everton x 2, FA Cup Prize Money & Gate Receipts

Unaccounted for Income when budgets where set at the start of respective season(s)

10/11 Sold Eaves, Loan Fee for Stephens, TV appearance v Tranmere

11/12 Sold Stephens, TV appearances v MK Dons, Chesterfield (JPT), & Sheff Wed (A) & Share of Gate Receipts Liverpool (A)

12/13 TV Appearances v Sheff Wed, Liverpool & Everton x 2, FA Cup Prize Money & Gate Receipts

And the reported Furman Fee i guess?