whats craig up to now?

Twenty years on he still stands outside United's training ground waiting for Giggs to leave and then follows him home, driving no more than 2 inches behind him. He can often be found dining at adjacent tables to Giggs in restaurants and regularly intercepts his food which is why he's not put on any weight in these late stages of his career. I did hear that Giggs only turned to his brothers wife because Fleming would often appear in his own marital bed with his arm round Mrs Giggs telling poor Ryan, "Not tonight, son"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craig_Fleming

Ferguson did praise Fleming but Giggs IMO was referring to Barrett and the games he played against him in 91/92 - it was noticeable too that in 5 games against United when Barrett played Mark Hughes barely got a kick - them the first time we played them after Barrett had gone to Villa, Hughes finally bagged against us

Ferguson did praise Fleming but Giggs IMO was referring to Barrett and the games he played against him in 91/92 - it was noticeable too that in 5 games against United when Barrett played Mark Hughes barely got a kick - them the first time we played them after Barrett had gone to Villa, Hughes finally bagged against us

Except Giggs said we won 1-0, so it was when we had sold Barrett.

Fleming was being linked at one time with a move to united around the 94 FA cup semi final he got an injury the next season which kept him out for over a year and robbed him of his recovery pace.

In the programme for the FA cup semi of 1994 they compared his tackling to that of Norman Hunter.

Fleming was fantastic that season, that match being about the best. I recall mentioning to some red colleagues at the time that I hadn't seen much of that Brian Griggs lad in the match. The best part was Fleming nicking the ball towards the end and racing halfway up the pitch, into the area and then sadly wellying the ball straight into Schmeichel's arms. It would have been the icing on the cake if he'd put it in - sadly finishing wasn't his strong point.

--- Edit ---

And there were loads of rumours that Utd would sign him, but they picked up David May instead (I'm pretty sure that was before the leg break).

Edited by ChopperHarris

I remember John Sheridan stood over a freekick once. Prenderville set off running from the half way line and struck the ball into the cornerflag (Suite). Sheridan's face was a picture.

Remember it well. Often recall that one when there's f-all to watch on the pitch.