• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cant afford to have players who only turn up when they can be bothered Pete.

Agreed . But that wasnt my point. It was to say that it's simply not true to say that he only showed what he was capable of after Dickov left. He was losing weight before then and playing well.

Croft now falls in to the category of Kilkenny for me. Been here twice when their career's needed the lift and then showed no loyalty thinking they were bigger. Unless Crofty has a massive U turn in the next 48 hours say's sorry and signs he's an as been for me. Where is Kilkenny now? league one!

Let's not kid ourselves, he was one of the few to come out of last season with any credit and hence he won POTS. He will probably be missed.

Notwithstanding the foregoing, glad to see LJ sticking to his guns - he is the manager and rightly rules the roost.

Pretty appalling from Croft not to even reply.

Just got to replacement our top goal creator...how many assists did he end up with? But I think the fact we are doing our business very very early, I have full faith in LJ to sort it out well before the beginning of the season.

The way he is going about things, we could have our squad sorted by July 1st, be a refreshing change than having to sign a bunch of loanees on August 31st

Agreed . But that wasnt my point. It was to say that it's simply not true to say that he only showed what he was capable of after Dickov left. He was losing weight before then and playing well.

I get that Pete, but the days he showed me what he was capable of was could be counted, just as you said in your earlier post. Give me consistency over a season rather than the odd cameo.

Pretty appalling from Croft not to even reply.

To not stay doesn't bother me, he is entitled to go elsewhere.

To not reply shows a lack of respect

Edited by pukka

I agree. He was overweight and wasn't the marauding winger we had a few years earlier but was still worth his place in the first half of the season. Technically quality for this division and we'll do well to get someone in who's as comfortable on the ball. Pace doesn't always mean good.

Will no doubt free up a big wage and if Johnson utilities it he's not irreplaceable. Disappointed though.

He must have been on a decent wage last season once he signed which we couldn't offer long term so this must represent a decent chunk of the wage budget that might get us two players.

I'd rather he'd stayed but, "we move on" as him and his mates like to say.

The only defence I would say is that agents often rule the roost with players and his agent may have been playing hard ball and ill advised him not too get in touch and play a game with LJ.

A game which if he was playing has backfired, I am sorry to see him go but he couldnt go past a player or score a goal and will again probably be a squad player at a championship club

Having met Crofty in the past he is a top bloke from personal experience

I know he doesn't have to, but surely the decent thing thing to do is to give LJ a quick buzz and say look, thanks for the offer but I've decided to go elsewhere. ..

This isn't just Crofty btw its footballers in general. Might have to add it too the things we hate about football thread.

All the best Crofty!

Completely agree, I wouldnt just not turn up for work and sign for some other company without informing my employers! Majority of footballers get their agents to do it anyway, :censored:houses

Just when you think you couldn't love Lee Johnson any more....

Crofty is a top asset in our League, but I applaud and agree with LJ's stance on this...

Paddy, you disagree with all Jonnos decisions, but cos its Jonno you convince yourself its the right one!

I think there's some over-egging of Johnson's 'stance' here. I'm pretty sure he's resigned to the fact that Croft is going elsewhere, more than he's laying down the law.

I agree with the comments about Croft not having the courtesy to speak to Johnson about it.

I want players who wear blue with pride, not ones who mess us about when they have deadlines, who do they think they are? We've had this issue for the last few seasons, egotistical prats who couldn't give two about our club because they still get their wage packet and they know that they'll be off in the summer. Thanks for everything Crofty, but no one is bigger than the club.

I think there's some over-egging of Johnson's 'stance' here. I'm pretty sure he's resigned to the fact that Croft is going elsewhere, more than he's laying down the law.

I agree with the comments about Croft not having the courtesy to speak to Johnson about it.

Exactly Stevie, can imagine Croft would be looking for a wage somewhere near what he was on at Derby, probably for 2 years, and we can't match what he wants, nothing more sinister than that.

Can't imagine any Championship club being in for him tbh so be interesting to see where he pitches up next.

Edited by deyres42

53 games - no goals... we definitely need a replacement who will do better than that. Maybe it will give Millar more of a chance this season to secure a place as a fast winger.

but he did get a shedload of assists and it means that we'll be having a new player having to settle in rather than Crofty just getting on with it.