• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I never thought there was never a chance he was going to stay with us, he is still used to Championship wages and there is no way we could offer those. Does look like Croft's second spell here has ended a bit messier than it could have but to be expected.

hang on.. i think ive just seen someone accuse croft of not showing pride in the blue shirt? for me - even when he wasnt a fit in the first half of the season he STILL was the only one at the end of the match giving 100% so please no one judge his pride in the shirt

hang on.. i think ive just seen someone accuse croft of not showing pride in the blue shirt? for me - even when he wasnt a fit in the first half of the season he STILL was the only one at the end of the match giving 100% so please no one judge his pride in the shirt

The only pride I saw was when he decided to loose a couple of stone.

The only pride I saw was when he decided to loose a couple of stone.

Even in the early parts of the season, he was one of the only players who consistently passed the ball to a Blue or Tangerine shirt.

Sad to see him go, but firmly behind LJ on this...

big gutted about him going. most assists this season and all that without actually beating a left back all season. a real team player who always gave 100%. all this, "only decent after he lost the weight" rubbish is exactly that....always put in a shift and tracked back to help the full back. connor brown won't be happy - he'll get found out unless there's a similar replacement.

Plenty of more fish in the sea, my non league tip Duncan Watmore of Altrincham has gone to Sunderland today, but (sorry for boring you again with repeating it) an even better player IMO Dan Gardner of Halifax is still available.

He's a right sided midfielder who I feel will score 15-20 goals a season in any league and provide countless assists.

I'm still convinced he will move one day to the Championship at least, my hope it's with the Latics.

If LJ is aware is not aware of him he should be.

Plenty of more fish in the sea, my non league tip Duncan Watmore of Altrincham has gone to Sunderland today, but (sorry for boring you again with repeating it) an even better player IMO Dan Gardner of Halifax is still available.

He's a right sided midfielder who I feel will score 15-20 goals a season in any league and provide countless assists.

I'm still convinced he will move one day to the Championship at least, my hope it's with the Latics.

Is it true that Gardner had a trial at Latics a few years back?

Knock into their heads until they listen!

I know he's absolutely worth it. He's crying out for a chance in the League - I'm dumbfounded as to how he hasn't already been signed and I'm no ex-pro scout like you...

big gutted about him going. most assists this season and all that without actually beating a left back all season. a real team player who always gave 100%. all this, "only decent after he lost the weight" rubbish is exactly that....always put in a shift and tracked back to help the full back. connor brown won't be happy - he'll get found out unless there's a similar replacement.

This.

Well done LJ... a manager who MANAGES..... Crofty is a silly boy imho and explains why he has been in the position hes in. An asset yes irreplaceable certainly not.

Love the fact LJ says someone better.....

Words and reality are a little different though. Would love to see a better player than Croft coming but I think we got lucky signing Croft when he can do a job in the Championship.

After my last snub Ross I leave them to their own devices.

I'd never heard of him (not well up on non-league football) after searching for him on the net after your recommendation it would appear he was hot property so they might have already been aware? Doesn't excuse the rudeness either way I don't suppose.

Except our manager did exactly that.

I only saw him in the cup games and thought he was fat, slow and pretty one of the worse players on the pitch...

I know one shouldnt laugh at the afflicted, but if I didnt laugh at your sheer stupidity and lack of football knowledge, it would probably anger me.

Keep an eye on this lad, very similar to Watmore;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luke_James_(footballer)

He won the Football Apprentice Award at the PFA Awards - same award that Rooney and Rodwell have won not too long ago; oh - and Dale Jennings (who's been mentioned on here)......

He's well & truly on the radar of the football world; he's not really a hidden gem??

This.

Except it's not totally rubbish. Sorry but working hard and tracking back etc are basic requirements for a professional.

Assists and goals are next. He delivered on the former but shocking on the latter.

Plenty other wingers in this division have delivered far more.

Chris Taylor delivered far, far more. Boom!

It's time to start raising our game and our expectations a bit more.

Some of the comments on here and Twitter, you'd think a club legend had left...

He was part of a squad, and a regular starter, that almost took us down.

Croft should have ripped apart this division but didn't. Big disappointment in that sense.

Played well in the cup games in front of the cameras, shock, but ultimately wasn't fit until after PD left.

LJ sussed him out straight away - does he want to be a comedian or a proper footballer, he said in so many words I think. A bit harsh, but he has a point. And it worked - Croft got himself fit and, even though he couldn't score, put some shifts in (although struggled to play LJ football for 90 min...!!) to keep us up.

He was never here for the long haul, always a stepping stone. Fair enough, except that it showed a bit - and the way he and his agent treated the contract negotiations says it all.

But fair do. He will find another club, probably higher than ours.

But LJ is bang on. Replaceable. Better wingers, or wingers that can have a better impact for us, are out there.

He won the Football Apprentice Award at the PFA Awards - same award that Rooney and Rodwell have won not too long ago; oh - and Dale Jennings (who's been mentioned on here)......

He's well & truly on the radar of the football world; he's not really a hidden gem??

Sly; I know from experience the radar at most football clubs is not always switched on. I'll bet you many managers/assistants/scouts even at top clubs have never heard of him.

The inner workings (or lack of them) of some football clubs often amazed me.

Edited by BP1960