• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The corporate function room will have a capacity of 500, with the corporate seating being spread between boxes and the stand. The stand will have 11 boxes with 12 in each, so that will take up 132 of the corporate seating requirement. The remaining 368 will no doubt be central / top sections of the stand.

The stand will hold 2,328 so whether that includes the boxes or not, the top 2 rows will probably be used for corporate seating (assuming we can sell 500 corporate seats) 14 rows would mean about 165-170 seats per row.

I'm not sure where this "very wet" come's from.

I sit in Row C in the Main Stand and never get wet.

the rain generally came into the lookers, so it goes onto the roof of the Main Stand. The roof of the lookers didn't go over all the paddock either, and the new stand doesn't look like it will do either.

brings back memories of getting soaked to the point that standing to cheer a goal wasn't worth it in the Lookers!

I'm not sure where this "very wet" come's from.

I sit in Row C in the Main Stand and never get wet.

I sat on the front row of the lookers upper for a few seasons, used to get quite wet, especially my legs. But that was because the roof stopped around level with the front of the stand, the paddock was uncovered.

Provided you have someone sitting in front of you in any of the rows available I think you'll be right. But like someone else said, it's only a bit of rain, and as was discussed on a thread on here the evidence for being wet and cold giving you a cold is not conclusive.

the rain generally came into the lookers, so it goes onto the roof of the Main Stand. The roof of the lookers didn't go over all the paddock either, and the new stand doesn't look like it will do either.

brings back memories of getting soaked to the point that standing to cheer a goal wasn't worth it in the Lookers!

Of course it will come out over the whole stand...

Whether it protects those sitting there from rain however is another issue. It'll be too high up to make a massive difference

The corporate function room will have a capacity of 500, with the corporate seating being spread between boxes and the stand. The stand will have 11 boxes with 12 in each, so that will take up 132 of the corporate seating requirement. The remaining 368 will no doubt be central / top sections of the stand.

The stand will hold 2,328 so whether that includes the boxes or not, the top 2 rows will probably be used for corporate seating (assuming we can sell 500 corporate seats) 14 rows would mean about 165-170 seats per row.

Very good reasoning.

So if this is the case, the best 368 seats wont be available for season ticket holders but on the, most likely, frequent match days when not all 368 corporate seats are required they will be available on a 1st come 1st served basis to pay on the day supporters or ST holders who don't mind changing seats for the day to get a slightly dryer and superior view.

Edited by laticsrblue

It would seem silly to build a stand without a proper roof. I feel this is unlikely to be the case.

It would seem silly to build a stand without a proper roof. I feel this is unlikely to be the case.

This is Oldham in general Jim, everything seems done by half measures in this town.

Edited by BP1960

Very good reasoning.

So if this is the case, the best 368 seats wont be available for season ticket holders but on the, most likely, frequent match days when not all 368 corporate seats are required they will be available on a 1st come 1st served basis to pay on the day supporters or ST holders who don't mind changing seats for the day to get a slightly dryer and superior view.

It'll be like Wembley with the prawn sandwich brigade on the either side of the half way line, Surely because the conference facilities hold 500 that doesn't mean it will be for match days it will be just for business use.

Website has it down as extending to the whole way of the Broadway side...

Plans didn't look that way at first viewing, have things changed?

Check out the 4th plan down "PROPOSED GROUND FLOOR PLAN" here http://planningpa.ol...DHA_DCAPR_47909

It shows the stand reaching the goal line of the playing area but not to the edge of the Chaddy End and RRE perimeter walls. On a highly optimistic note, this could be to allow for the future filling in of the corners.

Edited by laticsrblue