Latics will NOT be sold to Vaughan and consortium

It would be nice to hear it from SC but I trust Mike Keegan a lot more than BBC reports and a lot more than Steven Vaughan. Panic not over but Keegan is right far more often than he is wrong about things relating to Latics and I don't think he's the type to nail his colours to the mast without a pretty trustworthy source.

Like I said, something official from Corney would do wonders.

http://www.mancheste...vaughan-4050361

Hopefully it's true. Great news.

OTHER interested parties in the frame.

That step where the picture was taken in the paddock was my entertainment on many dull games, it was slightly higher than the one before so many people tripped over it... similar to this video:

I fully expect the new stand to have one.

But a source close to the Latics owner ruled out Mr Vaughan's bid and added that talks with other interested parties are ongoing." - “Talks are ongoing with other people who have expressed an interest.”

It looks as though from the report we are speaking to other potential investors. I'm very pleased that Corney has proved he's got the foresight and care to avoid investors who could be more harmful than beneficial. As long as the next investors have good intentions and more cash than Corney does I'd be very positive for the future with LJ in charge and the new stand.

Lets pray that we get a rich and credible owner, fortunately, that seems more likely to happen with this announcement...

Edited by NewBlue

I'd say the quotes are from the horse's mouth. If a report says someone doesn't want to comment, but then quotes a source "close to them" generally it's the person who doesn't want to comment.

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but are the words quoted in this article not similar to those from Barry's post on here on the subject last night?

Not like the conspiracy theorists on here to have overacted to rumours is it........ oh wait

I'm not one of the conspiracy theorists, but this was not a rumour, it was fact as far as Vaughan was concerned.

Conversations have taken place. Corney might've told him to get :censored:ed following an approach or Corney might've initiated discussions and then realised they didn't have the capital.

I'm not suggesting he wants to run us into the ground but the deal being right for Oldham Athletic will play second fiddle to it being right for him, Blitz and Gazal.

Conversations have taken place. Corney might've told him to get :censored:ed following an approach or Corney might've initiated discussions and then realised they didn't have the capital.

I'm not suggesting he wants to run us into the ground but the deal being right for Oldham Athletic will play second fiddle to it being right for him, Blitz and Gazal.

SC could have stopped all this speculation by simply answering the question he was asked by both the Chron and MEN. Instead of saying "no comment" . I can't understand why he wouldn't just say that there would be no deal. From his reaction people can only come to the conclusion that there may be a deal with Vaughan.