Marwan Koukash

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From Corney's comments I get te impression he simply doesn't want to sell.

He's said on many occasions that he does want to sell but he says here that he hasn't spoken to MK for three months so I'm not sure how he could make it sound like a deal was progressing.

This particular MK vision clearly won't be coming to fruition. There's no way the Super League would allow the same owner at competing clubs for obvious reasons and to even suggest it seems so madcap that it casts doubt on the rest of the plans. Disappointing really. He obviously likes to go to the media with his plans so it would have been great to hear something viable which, as Harry points out, it would have been without the rugby bit.

I'd obviously like a bit more investment in the club and team right now as things seem to be relatively positive right now and capitalising on it would be great. But Corney's comments and the Rugby plan of owning two teams don't enhance my opinion of Koukash at all. Unless the rules are different in Super League, thinking that you can own two clubs like that seems naive.

whilst id love for th club to have a good investor, id also want an owner who is much in it for the long term and not someone who is going to up sticks at the first sign if trouble. would be exciting to have a bit of money to spend and with the way LJ is having the team playing theres no doubt i want him to have the chance to manage the club