Marwan Koukash

What offer?

I did say I was reading a bit too much into it but corney as not come out and give us a definite answer, he also as said the club is up for sale. But with koukash doing this interview for mike Keegan he his definitely trying to ramp up the pressure by doing this interview.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did say I was reading a bit too much into it but corney as not come out and give us a definite answer, he also as said the club is up for sale. But with koukash doing this interview for mike Keegan he his definitely trying to ramp up the pressure by doing this interview.

What pressure?

Keegan approached MK, so cant really say he did it for publicity

"No Comment"

That was all he had to say, if he had said that then there wouldn't be the story. This has the distinct element of a bloke trying to conduct his business in the press.

Article on Sky now with a small different interview with MK, he has said that the deal is 100% on whether he can make a stadium for us and Roughyeds - whether he is allowed etc. And the only other thing it says is that he can get around that rule of only being allowed to own one rugby club by having his wife own Roughyeds.

Article on Sky now with a small different interview with MK, he has said that the deal is 100% on whether he can make a stadium for us and Roughyeds - whether he is allowed etc. And the only other thing it says is that he can get around that rule of only being allowed to own one rugby club by having his wife own Roughyeds.

Oh God. That can't possibly go wrong. :petesake:

Find a site to build a stadium in Oldham! Why didn't we think of that?! There must be loads.

That business about Salford and Roughyeds is a big concern. It's dodgy as :censored: and speaks nothing for his character.

We've seen before that Rugby and Football played on the same pitch doesn't work. What happens in the summer when the pitch needs a lot of work doing to it, where do the Roughyeds play then?

when rugby league wa full of scrums it used to tear the pitch up but nowadays there are never any contested scrums anyway meaning rugby have less chance of ruining the pitch then football do!

On the subject of rugby and football mixing, it seems rugby league is a better fit than rugby union for pitch impact.

I want the wealthy man to own Oldham Athletic. I am, however, concerned.

If we're to see a negotiation in the press it will almost certainly delay or stop the stand being built. So I take the view that he should be talking to Corney behind closed doors, agreeing a settlement with Blitz and Gazal and then start confirming his intentions, including absolute clarity where this fantastic new community stadium will be located. Anything dragged out beyond a few weeks is, quite simply, bad for Latics.

Owning two rugby league clubs? Sorry, but we're in Robert Maxwell territory here. It makes me very uncomfortable. The guy may well have made his money fairly and ethically. He's more than welcome, in my mind, to lavish it freely on Latics. But he has to understand that a sporting conflict of interests is unacceptable to anybody with a true love of either association football or rugby league.

I agree with rudemedic who suggests a "no comment" response to Mike Keegan's questions would have been appropriate.

My message to Koukash? Cut the crap, behave ethically, put up the cash and take us forwards. If you're not prepared to do all of that then please do one. I'll have to put up with Uncle Simon a little longer.

Edited by opinions4u

On the subject of rugby and football mixing, it seems rugby league is a better fit than rugby union for pitch impact.

I want the wealthy man to own Oldham Athletic. I am, however, concerned.

If we're to see a negotiation in the press it will almost certainly delay or stop the stand being built. So I take the view that he should be talking to Corney behind closed doors, agreeing a settlement with Blitz and Gazal and then start confirming his intentions, including absolute clarity where this fantastic new community stadium will be located. Anything dragged out beyond a few weeks is, quite simply, bad for Latics.

Owning two rugby league clubs? Sorry, but we're in Robert Maxwell territory here. It makes me very uncomfortable. The guy may well have made his money fairly and ethically. He's more than welcome, in my mind, to lavish it freely on Latics. But he has to understand that a sporting conflict of interests is unacceptable to anybody with a true love of either association football or rugby league.

I agree with rudemedic who suggests a "no comment" response to Mike Keegan's questions would have been appropriate.

My message to Koukash? Cut the crap, behave ethically, put up the cash and take us forwards. If you're not prepared to do all of that then please do one. I'll have to put up with Uncle Simon a little longer.

Couldn't have put it better myself.

Whenever Koukash is interviewed about involvement in Latics it feels like there's always a catch. Whether it's the Roughyeds talk, relocating to Salford or owning two rugby league clubs at once I can't help but believe we're going to have to sacrifice something for him to put his money into the club.

I struggle to trust his words, and I'm not so sure his intentions are perfectly clear. He seems to be attempting to destabilise Corney during a time when we're actually looking forward to advancement with this new stand and a relatively successful season under a talented manager. That's very unwelcome.

Perhaps I'm naive when I say that I do trust Corney to have the club's best interests for the future at heart even when he's almost certainly influenced by other people who care less about the club, so I'll await his judgement but as it stands Corney doesn't look impressed with Koukash's conduct and has already rejected his approach before.

I wouldn't blame anybody for jumping at the chance of investment given the stagnation or demise in recent times, just getting excited for this is too early at the moment.

As a result of recent speculation together with press, radio and television comments by Marwan Koukash , Director Barry Owen has issued the following statement on behalf of the Chairman and Board of Directors of Oldham Athletic Football Club.

I am aware of comments and media interest centred on Marwan Koukash and his alleged intentions to make a bid to buy the Oldham club. I have spoken to the Chairman Simon Corney, who is currently in New York, and my colleague Ian Hill and none of us are aware of any official bid that has been made to acquire the football club.
At any such stage that a bid is received it will be carefully scrutinised and considered. The Chairman has indicated in the past that the sale of the club must have its best interests as a priority and that has not changed. The Chairman has asked me to tell all fans that they will be fully informed of all events.

Read more at http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/article/20130912-statement-1049583.aspx?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter#UoLVZb74RcpsxOV0.99

Edited by OAFC_Ryan

None of us have been made aware of any official bid! That says to me discussions have started, why wouldn't you just say no contact has been made by koukash if that was the case. More to this than meets the eye. Stadium has been slightly delayed? I am sorry but the money baxter has gone for wouldn't cover bringing in 7 players!! I think funding has already started to be given.

None of us have been made aware of any official bid! That says to me discussions have started, why wouldn't you just say no contact has been made by koukash if that was the case. More to this than meets the eye. Stadium has been slightly delayed? I am sorry but the money baxter has gone for wouldn't cover bringing in 7 players!! I think funding has already started to be given.[/quote

I agree especially if the Money for Baxter was quite low as people in the media were suggesting. I still personally think that corney believes koukash is the right type of owner.