LJ looking to bring in...

I know were nowhere near in the same league as Brazil, but their strike force last night of Fred (finisher/big strong lad actually willing to run a bit) and Neymar (nippy skillful, ability aplenty) would be ideal for us. Baxter would drop into the League 1 mold of Neymar, even though Baxter is miles better, and we would need a striker willing to give us some graft, who brings others into play and can also stick it in given half a chance! Where we find our Fred though is anyones guess!

:lol1:

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The trialist Senegal striker with a French passport is Cheikh Sadibou Gueye who's been on the books of Atalanta and Sporting Lisbon. Been told he was once tipped to be the next big thing but he's not pushed on. He's apparently been playing in the Portuguese second division but information on him is hard to find. Still in LJ we trust.

I keep saying to myself it will be ok weeks to go but seriously worried, we are 4-6 players short at least and the team is young (hungry) hopefully but you need some know how in the side to get you over the line in games you really shouldn't win and not to lose the ones you should have won like many last season

Gk

Rb

1 cb minimum

1 striker minimum

Its the experience thing that scares me but I have faith that LJ is the right man to get it as well as the budget allows

The trialist Senegal striker with a French passport is Cheikh Sadibou Gueye who's been on the books of Atalanta and Sporting Lisbon. Been told he was once tipped to be the next big thing but he's not pushed on. He's apparently been playing in the Portuguese second division but information on him is hard to find. Still in LJ we trust.

This one's a full back;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheikh_Gueye

http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/2bundesliga/vereine/2-bundesliga/2011-12/dynamo-dresden-65/70136/spieler_gueye-cheikh.html

Edited by BP1960

Semi serious question. Danny Murphy been paid off by Blackburn 36 years old but would he be the experienced head that could balance a young side? Would his pay off count against costs? Doubt it. Coaching role? Or will he end up at Crewe after Luke Murphy joined Leeds for a million.

Wont happen. Same reason Dickov would never have brought Scholes in, too risky. If LJ and Murphy were mates then maybe, but if not then you would probably be signing your replacement if we hit choppy waters. Especially if you are not picking him every week.

According to the official site today, the trialist striker is Momar N'Diaye (Wikipedia has a page on him, but the board software won't accept the link). The other trialist mentioned is a Latvian U21 international centre back. Take your pick from the defenders on this page, perhaps.

Edited by Crusoe

According to the official site today, the trialist striker is Momar N'Diaye, formerly with FC Metz and most recently playing in China.

The other trialist mentioned is a Latvian U21 international centre back. Take your pick from the defenders on this page, perhaps.

Here is the link, your got chopped off Crusoe http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Momar_N'Diaye

Edited by singe

Could possibly be Vitalijs Maksimenko, who according to 'transfermarkt' played for Yeovil last season, he's 22 but listed as being in the U21 squad.

The centre-backs on that wikipedia list though are;

Vitālijs Jagodinskis ©, aged 21, Dynamo Kiev II, 1.91m tall, right footed, contracted until 2015.

Aleksejs Giļničs, aged 20, AFC United Upplands Väsby, 1.85m tall, left footed.

Edijs Joksts, aged 20, Tukums 2000 TSS/Salaspils, 1.96m tall, both footed, contracted until 2014.

Agris Otaņķis, aged 19, Liepājas Metalurgs.

Seems unusual that we have revealed lot about their identities.

Thought that too?

As a club, usually dont we go down the false name route?

Nutty sideburn Diego played under the name Danny Knight whilst on trial here. Filipe Morais was Phil Morris, Dean Kelly was Peter Jones, Jose Baxter played under Greg Kidds name IIRC.

New change of tack here under LDJ - bit more transparency for the fans?

The down side being it's out there now; so other clubs could suddenly be made aware where previously they weren't?

That striker looks like he's been playing in a real pub-league standard from those video clips. Yep you've still got to score them i know, but some of the 'Keeping and defending in that montage is woefull!!!!!!!

Could this out of contract Latvian lad be the one, he has played in Scotland so LJ might know of him

http://www.inverness-courier.co.uk/Home/I-want-to-sign-new-deal-says-Latvian-5481858.htm

I know Mike Keegan tweeted he was a big lad, 6'6 he reckoned, this lad is 6'4 according to the internet, so fits the bill seen as Mike would have been guessing.

Could do with a bit of height and someone with good feet at the back, seen as M'voto's going, sure anyone going to Leigh Friday can fill us in.

Thought that too?

As a club, usually dont we go down the false name route?

Nutty sideburn Diego played under the name Danny Knight whilst on trial here. Filipe Morais was Phil Morris, Dean Kelly was Peter Jones, Jose Baxter played under Greg Kidds name IIRC.

New change of tack here under LDJ - bit more transparency for the fans?

The down side being it's out there now; so other clubs could suddenly be made aware where previously they weren't?

Or maybe hes throwing us off the scent by telling us thats who it is , and hoping one of our rivals signs the guy named who is actually bobbins ? Or it could be a done deal if we want it already? We should tell other clubs its demba ba's cousin if he is gash

Given we're well into July and many players contracts have ended I really can't help being very worried about how slow our squad is taking shape. It's crystal clear the budget's been slashed further given the lack of transfer action. We're into pre-season training and of the spine of the side we're missing a centre half, a goalkeeper and a main striker. I'm not totally convinced these punts on Latvian trialists etc is going to work for us.

I'm not pushing the panic button just yet but we're miles away from being a side that can comfortably hold our own, let alone have a cheeky crack towards the play-offs.

Given we're well into July and many players contracts have ended I really can't help being very worried about how slow our squad is taking shape. It's crystal clear the budget's been slashed further given the lack of transfer action. We're into pre-season training and of the spine of the side we're missing a centre half, a goalkeeper and a main striker. I'm not totally convinced these punts on Latvian trialists etc is going to work for us.

I'm not pushing the panic button just yet but we're miles away from being a side that can comfortably hold our own, let alone have a cheeky crack towards the play-offs.

We've signed a few already haven't we and are looking a more.

LJ has said that he wants 4 more and, presumably, he'll be hoping that we're not wasting time with the two trialists so they will account for a couple of them. He'd also said he'll be having a look at how we're shaping up in attack before going in for a striker (when players' demands have dropped a bit).

I'd bet we're currently in a better position than most on how the squad is coming together.