Adam Rooney!

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

doesnt seem like the club are happy with the Chron revealing the transfer. fair play to them for coming out and clarifying though.

hope it gets sorted out and we can sign him, but it sounds like it's nowhere near a done deal

Maybe, but LJ is clearly quoted so it is the public domain.

Maybe something the club should look at, wokring with the local press to sometimes hold back from releasing info from time to time. in return for timely release of signings, exclusive for Mike and Matt.

“I am a big admirer of Adam and I would love to bring him in,” Johnson told the Chronicle. “He has an dispute which involves Swindon and the PFA, but if that gets resolved, he would be a fantastic signing for us and a player who is of exactly the profile I want.”

I was referring to Montano on the back row doing the west side symbol. JCH is just pointing like a gun.

Brown - :censored: knows

Monty's doing the peace sign isn't he. West side involves all 4 fingers doing a W symbol doesn't it? If he is doing a gangsta sign, and I don't think he is, it's East side, anyway, due to the angle of the hand.

JCH is throwing out a gun and Brown is either pretending he has a telescope or he's invented a new sign for the Oldham massive. Further evidence, if any is needed, that Brown is a bit of an idiot.

Monty's doing the peace sign isn't he. West side involves all 4 fingers doing a W symbol doesn't it? If he is doing a gangsta sign, and I don't think he is, it's East side, anyway, due to the angle of the hand.

JCH is throwing out a gun and Brown is either pretending he has a telescope or he's invented a new sign for the Oldham massive. Further evidence, if any is needed, that Brown is a bit of an idiot.

:grin:

He's probably taking the piss given everyone on here goes on about the gangster :censored:

I think the statement on the official is purely for legal reasons. Given the Chron have probably published a bit prematurely we could be accused of tapping up until it has all been cleared through the PFA.

Pretty sure he will sign.

Brilliant! ?

Quote from my Swindon Town supporting step son's text earlier today when I asked if he'd heard anything more concrete than us:

"He'd be a great signing if it's true. I believe the contract issue is that we [swindon] agreed to sign him but now don't want to pay the wages. I'm sure he'd do well for you. He certainly impressed when he played for us last season."

There you go; from someone who saw a lot more of him than we did.

How the hell are we paying his wages if Swindon couldn't? .... Takeover????

I think the view is Swindon are liable for a full contract. If we paid him, say, £2,500 a week that would reduce any liability Swindon would have by a similar amount.

He may well be worse off when things like appearance money are thrown into the equation. But Swindon's view will be paying less for no player is better than paying all for him.

I'm speculating wildly of course.

I've no idea of the numbers involved or how they would work but, IIRC, Swindon had a change of ownership and the new owners more or less said, "Stuff this for a game of soldiers, we're not paying that much" so the dispute kicked off. I could be wrong, so I'll ask s/son next time I'm talking to him.

IIRC didn't Johnson say at the start of pre-season that he 'was after a high calibre player and he was prepared to wait for him, if it took till the end of the transfer window then so be it'. Was it Rooney he was referring to at that point?

Does anyone have any theories on how the Rooney situation is going to resolve itself in our favour?

At present Rooney is obviously trying to get the money Swindon promised him for the next two years. But he still has a signed contract with them hasn't he? They are just refusing to pay him. Surely they aren't going to pay him in full and cancel his contract at the same time.

How do we end up with a situation where he both gets paid and the contract gets cancelled? Is he looking for a partial pay off?

Edited by PhilStarbucksSilkySkills