Adam Rooney!

Rooney knocked a goal in during today's 11-a-side training game to the chant of 'Rooney, Rooney' from the other players. A nice simple chant that I wouldn't mind getting the chance to sing myself.

Who's the tanned lad with the Andy Carroll pony tail?

Just out of interest, from your post, it sounds like you've watched / do watch the training sessions.

Are they at Chapel Road still?

And, are fans able to wander in and watch?

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just out of interest, from your post, it sounds like you've watched / do watch the training sessions.

Are they at Chapel Road still?

And, are fans able to wander in and watch?

I back on to little Wembley.

I didn't have time to do much spying but I did clock the pony-tail wearing player mentioned above. Did this guy play at Leigh?

Rooney knocked a goal in during today's 11-a-side training game to the chant of 'Rooney, Rooney' from the other players. A nice simple chant that I wouldn't mind getting the chance to sing myself.

Who's the tanned lad with the Andy Carroll pony tail?

Ibrahimovic ?

129667620_display_image.jpg?1323450388

Edited by BP1960

Watch the Playershare interest go off the scale if it can bring in players of this calibre, The team Mr Johnson's building is certain to create much Latics mania within the town.

I know that League one will be much tougher this season with who's dropped down (on paper) but I can't help but feel that we'll put one over on a good few if this guys signed

Well worth a tenner a month I'd say!

Watch the Playershare interest go off the scale if it can bring in players of this calibre, The team Mr Johnson's building is certain to create much Latics mania within the town.

I know that League one will be much tougher this season with who's dropped down (on paper) but I can't help but feel that we'll put one over on a good few if this guys signed

Well worth a tenner a month I'd say!

Although i know playershare is being used for eddie, id like to think it has helped eased the budget to bring in a player the class of rooney.

Although i know playershare is being used for eddie, id like to think it has helped eased the budget to bring in a player the class of rooney.

Wait and see, If this is the case and it has then without doubt more Diehards should get involved.

That's 100% correct id say. It's not just one transfer this pays for really as if frees up money for other players as well

Maybe do the last day of the money as a themed 'playershare day' as most will have been paid by then and just everyone gives what they can be it 1p or £10... What you got to lose at worst no one will donate :)

We all know from our working lives that it's getting tougher and monies a lot tighter than it has been previous, Ofcourse Football should be self supporting as goes income etc but we could all do without that extra bottle or can of beer once a week and breath life and excitement into something everyone in Oldham should be getting behind.

God forbid Latics ever go the same way as the Rugby! Not in my life time I hope :cry:

I wonder if it would be possible to make it where supporters have an option to contribute when they buy a season ticket or pay on the gate. Last year I took the kids to Chester zoo and you had basically two entrance ticket prices, one which included a donation to some wildlife charity and one without. We could do something similar like an option to pay £20 more when you purchase a season ticket with the money going to playershare and an extra £2 donation when paying on the gate. Not every fan would contribute but I reckon you would get a significant amount that would.

Edited by slider1

I wonder if it would be possible to make it where supporters have an option to contribute when they buy a season ticket or pay on the gate. Last year I took the kids to Chester zoo and you had basically two entrance ticket prices, one which included a donation to some wildlife charity and one without. We could do something similar like an option to pay £20 more when you purchase a season ticket with the money going to playershare and an extra £2 donation when paying on the gate. Not every fan would contribute but I reckon you would get a significant amount that would.

Keep the ideas rolling in, The more decent players the better the football which increases interest which inturn increases the gate and so on rolls the snowball to greater things!

One question about playershare - with new FL rules about only x% of income can be spent on player wages (IIRC 60%?) how is playershare able to give this money to the club as it won't be classed as income? Wouldn't it be viewed as a donation? Sorry if this question has already been asked and answered, just not seen it anywhere...

OK, Playershare now has an extra £10 quid a month from August the 1st. Should the manager get in players using this money that influence the clubs standing I will double it and so on and so forth.

I want to see Latics winning more home games and restoring BLUE PRIDE back into the town.

One question about playershare - with new FL rules about only x% of income can be spent on player wages (IIRC 60%?) how is playershare able to give this money to the club as it won't be classed as income? Wouldn't it be viewed as a donation? Sorry if this question has already been asked and answered, just not seen it anywhere...

I was wondering this myself.... however, I wouldn't imagine the Playershare donations to be massive and if SC is looking to break even, I would imagine we would still fall within the threshold.

What is the criteria for becoming a charity??

If Palyershare became a chairty then they could claim the tax back that we pay at source. No idea if its possible.

I know alot of sports clubs become charities for this very reason.....the pot would grow between 22-40% dependant on the tax bracket of the donators

Not sure of the tax implications that would be the treasurers role. I know the trust is a registered charity but not playershare. We can provide as many players as the budget allows. At the minute it's 1 at a time and thats with around 80 contributors so you can see the potential...

I can't see any way PlayerShare could be a charitable cause.

Nor I. I can't remember the exact definition but a charity has to benefit the public, not a company or individual. As PlayerShare exists to benefit OAFC, there's no way it could be a charity.

What is the criteria for becoming a charity??

If Palyershare became a chairty then they could claim the tax back that we pay at source. No idea if its possible.

I know alot of sports clubs become charities for this very reason.....the pot would grow between 22-40% dependant on the tax bracket of the donators

Has to be for the public good and not benefit individuals. As its aim is to provide funding to a private business, Playershare won't be able to register as a charity.

Edit - As per Bossrocks said

Edited by jimsleftfoot