Adam Rooney!

Gives us a fair few options, especially with the signing of Rodgers. Might fit into what Johnson said when he arrived about having 2 or 3 different styles of play running through the club to adapt to the opposition?

Defence is on the weak side, though. Need a couple more players.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think its fair to say if Baxter plays any part in tomorrows friendly he is still part of our plans...no way we would risk him getting injured if part of bringing Rooney in relied on us offloading Baxter.

The first team don't play a friendly tomorrow, it's the youths against glossop. First team at curzon Ashton Monday night. I get your point though!

it sounds to me as if he's not signing

Thought the same when I read fishul but I think it's more likely that the PFA have to agree that the deal struck with Swindon is a no go and therefore he is entitled to move elsewhere, just a matter of seeking confirmation from both parties IMO, once that legality is done I still think the signing will happen

I think theres a load of nonsense going on between Birmingham and Swindon, as he was supposed to be going Swindon as part of a player swap. BCFC have taken that player but obviously Rooney hasn't gone the other way. A quick look on the internet tells you though that Rooney wanted £8k a week at Swindon as that matched his Brum wages. How the devil can we afford this lad?

On the other hand, as if we're gonna say, yeah go on lad train keep fit play games, then go before the season starts, plus the Chron etc would have known he was on the army trip so by tweeting that he was signing, they must have known that it is happening before saying it....surely :peepwall:

it sounds to me as if he's not signing

Sounds to me that he will be signing but after he sorts out his contract issue with Swindon. Why else would we play him in pre season games which it says he will be, if we had no intention to sign him he would just be training

doesnt seem like the club are happy with the Chron revealing the transfer. fair play to them for coming out and clarifying though.

hope it gets sorted out and we can sign him, but it sounds like it's nowhere near a done deal

Wasnt really the chrons fault. didnt the OS post a picture with Rooney on? What do they expect.

If he agreed a contract with Swindon (either in writing or verbally) then he will be entitled to a pay-off.

I have little doubt that we can't afford the sort of wages he has previously earned. Maybe we have made an offer and he is now seeking the shortfall from Swindon as a pay-off. It would look reasonable that he has attempted to reduce Swindon's liability and gives him the chance, without a hit financially, to come and play for a young manager with exciting ideas and plans.

Or is this a splash of the Kou-cash?!

Rooney holding out for the PFA to say "Yep A deal was signed for 8k a week, you are a Swindon player", we're just a means of keeping fit by the sounds of it,

Though we are planning on playing him in the preseason games? Hopefully its more of the case that his registration needs to be released following breach of contract.

Rooney holding out for the PFA to say "Yep A deal was signed for 8k a week, you are a Swindon player", we're just a means of keeping fit by the sounds of it,

Why would we do that? We arent a charity. Surely there is something in it for us?

Edited by razza699

If it was just a way of keeping fit, surely he would be able to train somewhere closer to home, rather than in a totally different part of the country at a club where he has no previous connections.

There's definitely something in this. Johnson wants one more striker to come in, so why allow someone we won't be signing to train and play in our friendlies.