What is being built on the old Sheepfoot Lane car park?

Wasn't there something in the Chron last year about the NHS building a clinic or offices or something there.

Maybe this:

http://oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-features/8/news-headlines/75275/lifeline-site-for-kidney-patients

Edited by laticsrblue

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When investing in a business/setting it up/plugging shortfalls as a shareholder you are 'loaning' the money to the company. Hence the reason it is listed as shareholder loans. It's the same for all business like this (an accounting term). Sometimes as a shareholder that money will be lent to the business with a repayment rate attached, other times it's a zero % rate, and indeed with some business a shareholder will invest the money with a 0% repayment and actually not require that money back. However it will remain listed as shareholder loans in the accounts until such time that it is repaid or converted in some way....I'm not an accountant so some of the terms are my layman explanation from being on the shareholder side of it.

My understanding is that the 0% situation is pretty much the basis that the shareholder loan are in on. Again as I understand it the vast majority of that amount is actually due to Blitz - not Corney. In terms of some other stuff, I think it's out there in the public domain that the costs of environmental surveys, consultants fees etc etc etc for both the various BP projects and the Failsworth projects were all put through the club (Oafc2004) at various times.

If you search out Corney's interview on the podcast with Manchester Sports (BBC) August 2011, he clearly says in there that the "club" is for sale (even then as he has always maintained), but in terms of the ground development etc that isn't and they will be sticking round to see that through.

Thats what I thought, I was just getting tied up in whether they are listed as funds or loans.

When investing in a business/setting it up/plugging shortfalls as a shareholder you are 'loaning' the money to the company. Hence the reason it is listed as shareholder loans. It's the same for all business like this (an accounting term). Sometimes as a shareholder that money will be lent to the business with a repayment rate attached, other times it's a zero % rate, and indeed with some business a shareholder will invest the money with a 0% repayment and actually not require that money back. However it will remain listed as shareholder loans in the accounts until such time that it is repaid or converted in some way....I'm not an accountant so some of the terms are my layman explanation from being on the shareholder side of it.

My understanding is that the 0% situation is pretty much the basis that the shareholder loan are in on. Again as I understand it the vast majority of that amount is actually due to Blitz - not Corney. In terms of some other stuff, I think it's out there in the public domain that the costs of environmental surveys, consultants fees etc etc etc for both the various BP projects and the Failsworth projects were all put through the club (Oafc2004) at various times.

If you search out Corney's interview on the podcast with Manchester Sports (BBC) August 2011, he clearly says in there that the "club" is for sale (even then as he has always maintained), but in terms of the ground development etc that isn't and they will be sticking round to see that through.

Its how I see it but without it being classed as a loan. My understanding is that its classed as the owners equity.

This is what I found from E-How (though a US site):

Equity

Businesses sometimes struggle defining loans from shareholders clearly. In some cases, if the contract between the shareholder and business does not specify its conditions, the loan may legally qualify as equity. This occurs if the parties do not specifically state a payment plan or if accountants do not correctly record the loan as a liability on the balance sheet.

Sorry if being pedantic but its easy for things to be twisted intentionally or not.

Edited by jimsleftfoot

Been talking to a friend of mine today who works for the Co-op bank in Liverpool. A guy called Dave Matthews worked with him till he left last week to become the CEO of Salford City Reds. He said Matthews as told him that Koukash as no intention of moving the club to Salford. His plan is buy the club get the stand built, get Oldham rugby back at BP and use them as a feeder club for Salford hopefully get a grant from the council (as they want to use the ground, not sure what for tho) to rebuild the main stand. Also to get Scholes and Royle involved and make us an established Championship team using loan players from Utd to get us there then he would sell us on as he doesn't have the funds to take us any further.

Been talking to a friend of mine today who works for the Co-op bank in Liverpool. A guy called Dave Matthews worked with him till he left last week to become the CEO of Salford City Reds. He said Matthews as told him that Koukash as no intention of moving the club to Salford. His plan is buy the club get the stand built, get Oldham rugby back at BP and use them as a feeder club for Salford hopefully get a grant from the council (as they want to use the ground, not sure what for tho) to rebuild the main stand. Also to get Scholes and Royle involved and make us an established Championship team using loan players from Utd to get us there then he would sell us on as he doesn't have the funds to take us any further.

Sounds rubbish. We should keep cutting the cloth till we end up in L2 instead.

We lose money though. Unless there are other sources of income, we're only an attractive proposition to someone who's arsed about the club. I've no doubt Corney wants what's best for us but the only reason he's here is because there were other money making opportunities when they bought us originally.

It might not have worked but it doesn't look as though those opportunities are there anymore. BP used to be a "goldmine" didn't it? The only asset we had (the land) has alreasy been built on and is nothing to do with Oldham Athletic.

The fact is though when the stand is built we have opportunities to bring money into the club 7 days a week - okay the realist says that's not going to happen but it will be extra money into the pot

'We don't want to simply carve the land up and sell some off on a one-time basis.'

that's exactly what has happened. Houses have been built behind the Chaddy. The renal unit is being built on Sheepfoot Lane.

deal back on according to the ezine

'Koukash deal may be close to completion, he is meeting the council today and he wants there backing for a 25k stadium before he does the deal. it will also involve Oldham rugby. ' (taken from one of the posters)