PA announcer

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The PA system wasn't switched on in the main stand so I didn't hear any team announcements. surely one of the basics is to sound check the system before you start ?

My main beef with past incumbents was rushing through announcing the away team, not giving time to write down any changes.

If I get a trail ill make sure I note down any last minute changes to both teams, thanks.

If I get a trail ill make sure I note down any last minute changes to both teams, thanks.

But make sure adequate time is allowed to announcing the away team as well as the home team, a previous announcer used to rush through the away team at break neck speed, very annoying.

his announcement of the Gussett for Baxter sub made me chuckle. Very enthusiastic to say Jose was going off!

Considering the number of players who's actual shirt number didn't match their printed shirt number, either on the team sheet or the programme; I thought he did quite well announcing the changes as he probably very rarely watches us.

Rip the :censored: out of the away team/fans. None of this hope you've had a nice journey up crap.

To be fair, I'd say the last thing Oldham Athletic need at the moment is being disrespectful to the visiting team and fans. I'm all up for a bit of joking about and funny songs/chants - you give it, you take it, but draw the line at clubs being downright unwelcoming.

Hi all,

So I've just applied for the the PA job at latics and thought I'd do some research into what Latics fans, like ourselves, like about footy PA announcers

I myself am pretty experienced in public speaking as I have acted on stage etc. I am also a general confident person so I think I'm well suited for the job. So anyway, I thought I'd ask you some questions.

Firstly, what did you like/dislike about Ex-announcers like broady?

What did you think the lad on saturday could improve on? Did you like him? (General consensus of people around me in chaddy end was that he was no good)

Also, what would you like to see in a future announcer?

Also, what advice would you give me for the audition?

Cheers for reading and the comments.

Talk to fans on here about what music they like? when i was at the Euro Championships before each England game the DJ in the fanzone, pubs wanted to play music that got fans motivated and gave them a real feel for it.

The lad yesterday was awful........just awful.

Have a laugh, but make sure you know the names and numbers of the players.

Whoever chooses the music at BP has been doing okay for a while, Rock / Indie type of stuff and it is far better than listening to the Pop stuff which most grounds play.......its not broke so don't try and fix it.

Ensure you clearly read the half time scores as it's important to most of us!

Good luck!

You could do worse than see what happens at Huddersfield and pinching their better ideas.

To be fair, I'd steer clear of 'Boom, Boom Jamie McCombe'. Was he the one that interviewed a Latics fan at HT by saying 'how do you think your team of stewards are doing?' referring to the flourescent away kit?

Also, slow down when you're reading the half time scores.

To be fair, I'd steer clear of 'Boom, Boom Jamie McCombe'. Was he the one that interviewed a Latics fan at HT by saying 'how do you think your team of stewards are doing?' referring to the flourescent away kit?

That's why I said to pinch their better ideas.