M'voto - thoughts wanted

Hey up Latics fans. I was just wondering what your thoughts on M'voto are and how you think he'll cope at the higher level? I tried to post when we signed him but it took five days for my account to get validated! Since then he's played in a couple of friendlies and has looked very impressive. Solid, decent distribution and very good in the air. However, from reading bits and bobs on your forum, plus having a mate who supports Southend, it seems that he can be very error prone and gives away a lot of penalties. "Either world-class or rubbish, with very little in between!" was his general view. Anyway, good luck for the season and looking forward to hearing your views.

Hey up Latics fans. I was just wondering what your thoughts on M'voto are and how you think he'll cope at the higher level? I tried to post when we signed him but it took five days for my account to get validated! Since then he's played in a couple of friendlies and has looked very impressive. Solid, decent distribution and very good in the air. However, from reading bits and bobs on your forum, plus having a mate who supports Southend, it seems that he can be very error prone and gives away a lot of penalties. "Either world-class or rubbish, with very little in between!" was his general view. Anyway, good luck for the season and looking forward to hearing your views.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

In the main he'll do well for you. He'll get his head to must things though sometimes even he doesn't know which point it will hit. He's get decent pace once up and running. Ball distribution is not the best and does make goal giving errors now and then.

Most Latics fans would have had him re-sign.

Decent league 1 centre half. If he cuts the error's out of his game then he's got the potential to be a decent championship centre half IMO. Very good in the air & strong.

Personally wanted to keep him, cant blame him for wanting to prove himself at a higher level though.

Couple of songs for him...

He's magic, you knowwwww

You'll never get past Mvoto

&

Mvoto's got a massive c*ck, jean yves, jean yves

He tucks it in his football sock, jean yves, jean yves

He swings his c*ck around his head

He sh*gged a girl and now she's dead

Jean Yves Mvoto, oldhams sex machine.

He developed as a player in my view. He had a loan period before signing permanently and he became much leaner at the start of last season and that helped him get a bit more pace. More experience can only help his game and I wish him all the best.

As said above, most latics fans would have preferred him to resign and in truth he hasn't been replaced.

Watch for his needless grabs and shoves that cost you a couple of penalties/red cards a season.

Dominant in the air, ok on the deck mostly. Has deceptive pace, became much more of a threat in the opposition's box lady season.

Sorry to see him go...

Most of us would have liked M'Voto to stay. On his day he really is the dominating brute of a centre back you would think from looking at him. However I would say using his physical presence doesn't exactly come naturally to him, as a result you'll find him on a regular basis wrapping his arms around centre forwards like an octopus looking for his wallet. Distribution wise he's decent. Not much more than that, but you haven't signed him to play forty yard balls to your wingers so that shouldn't be a concern. I think he'll do well alongside better players in the Championship, decent signing for you I'm sure.

Oh and if he ever gives you a moment such as he gave us versus Hartlepool last season, when he picked up the ball at the back and gamboled awkwardly past five Pooles players before scuffing a shot from eight yards, you'll have got more than your money's worth!

Watch for his needless grabs and shoves that cost you a couple of penalties/red cards a season.

Dominant in the air, ok on the deck mostly. Has deceptive pace, became much more of a threat in the opposition's box lady season.

Sorry to see him go...

I think that's enough about Big Jean threatening lady boxes.

Really undecided if he can cut it at Championship level. Certainly OK at this level, taking into account the 10-12 red-mist and complete headfart moments he gives you (of which a quarter will be picked up by the ref).

As most players we sign who we've had on loan previously. Looked a million percent better in the first loan spell.

If you have someone along side him talking to him all game he should be okay because he never opens his mouth!

Tends to switch off at times and gets himself out of jail a lot with a bit of pace, which will be punished more at championship level. I didn't even think he was our best centre half.

Powerful in the air, could be much better with the ball at his feet but if coached properly unlike the last 2 years here he could be a good signing for you but by no means the finished article for championship football

Terrible footballer. Decent defender...

This, this and this.

Distribution isn't the best but very solid no nonsense defender who most certainly will not be out-muscled.Not the fastest but by far from the slowest. Prone to the odd clanger but then again so were the likes of Gregan and Hazell.

Also sorry to see him go.

Personally thought he was one of the major reasons we stayed up last season. Can be error prone and can't do long passes but his distribution is usually fine if he keeps it short and on the ground. Big strong, good defender, wins most things in the air and even has a bit of flair (nearly scored a wonder goal last season when he ran the length of the pitch). If he can keep improving will be a good signing for you!

Mvoto scored a few crucial goals last season too. He's a decent player and seems to play well against good opposition, he put Rhodes in his pocket a few times and did the same to Sturridge too. Big, strong, relatively quick, but quiet, not a leader and not the best on the ball. He does need the right man alongside him at CB too.

He does struggle to get back into form after a few games out though, so I wouldn't expect him to start very well.