Questions for meet the manager...

Could someone ask a question re the signing of Latvian Eddie and the use of PlayerShare for it?

On the face of it, it seems a strange signing, on a 1 year deal - especially as he hasn't been seen since the Dinamo game.

Could the PlayerShare monies have been used towards / for a 1st team regular CB instead of what seems like a 'project' signing on a 1 tear deal?

This is something LJ is keen to talk about this thursday

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously Lee intends to use two out and out wingers at home, so could it be considered that the pitch be widened slightly on both sides to help alleviate the problem of an over hit cross?

To expand on this we have one of the shortest and narrowest pitches in the league, and smaller than a fair few in league 2, if we are playing with wide men would it not be advantageous to widen the pitch by 2 or 3 metres in order to stretch defences at home.

I hadn't realised how small the playing area is at BP.

Q - is there anything official between us & Liverpool regarding incoming loanees?

Q - do we have any other 'arrangements' with other Prem clubs i.e. Man City to secure defensive cover or at least one CB?

Q - what are his plans around Latvian Eddie regarding timescales on a first team place or 'one for the future'?

Q - how quickly would he be looking at contract extensions for some of the players on 1 + 1 contracts should they be on fire this season? Example being JCH.

Q - if we were offered 750k for Jose would he cash in and strengthen or keep the player?

Q - does he like the colour pink / raspberry?

Obviously Lee intends to use two out and out wingers at home, so could it be considered that the pitch be widened slightly on both sides to help alleviate the problem of an over hit cross?

Doubt it, we would concede too many goals from opposition crosses.

We wont be able to do that.

We have dug down & installed artificial sections to both touch lines for the linesman & subs runs.

To dig them out, re-level and re-turf would be too big of a job at this late stage; and also the finances to do the work.

Pitch will stay the same size for a while...

We wont be able to do that.

We have dug down & installed artificial sections to both touch lines for the linesman & subs runs.

To dig them out, re-level and re-turf would be too big of a job at this late stage; and also the finances to do the work.

Pitch will stay the same size for a while...

I remember in the old days someone in the crowd yelling at a Latics winger "wider wider,wider", followed by a wag shouting "If he goes any wider he'll finish up on Broadway".

I remember in the old days someone in the crowd yelling at a Latics winger "wider wider,wider", followed by a wag shouting "If he goes any wider he'll finish up on Broadway".

In the same way that no one is ever described as remonstrating with anyone other than a referee, do you only ever get a wag in a football crowd?

Q - does he see a long term managerial future with latics, or does he plan on using us as a stepping stone?

He said when he was appointed he saw it as a long term project and wanted to be here longer than his 2 year contract.... That said, should we win promotion he will be poached - probably by Doncaster

haha yeah we all know the real answer, but i'd like to see how he deals with the question.

There's only about 50 jobs in this country that are better than the one he's got.

All this was spouted prematurely about Dickov, "how long can we keep him" etc (how he's got a Championship job we don't know). If we're good at knocking players, we're even better at building up managers.

It's another good start but far too early to say if he'll go on to bigger and better things. The likelihood is he won't.

There's only about 50 jobs in this country that are better than the one he's got.

All this was spouted prematurely about Dickov, "how long can we keep him" etc (how he's got a Championship job we don't know). If we're good at knocking players, we're even better at building up managers.

It's another good start but far too early to say if he'll go on to bigger and better things. The likelihood is he won't.

Yeah couldnt agree more, He's definately not proven himself yet as he hasn't even had a full season in management yet. However, i do think this guy is different from a lot of our previous managers and, with the good start he's had and the good signings hes made, I think we have a manager with a lot of potential. Put it this way the guys got me more excited for this season than any season i can remember since being a fan, and hopefully he has a lot more people too.