Jose Baxter - Sheffield United

Judging by LJ's comments the clause was not met, we've sold our best player for under his already pitiful release clause?

LJ seems happy with Rusnak as a replacement, what happens when he bails back to City in Jan?

Maybe he stays longer or maybe one of the lads we've sent out on loan return with added confidence and warrant their own place in the matchday squad.

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems pretty clear that any release clause was not triggered. Hopefully that means we've got a significant sell-on clause in the deal with Sheff Utd.

LJ said yesterday when the offer came in that the club had to think about whether it was best for club and JBB to move on. That sent alarm bells ringing as, if the clause had been met, surely the club couldn't do anything other than accept it, regardless of whether they felt it was right move for club and player...

Liverpool Echo Everton News reporting the sale went through for £350,000

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-fc-transfer-rumour-mill-5816412

Everton’s youngest-ever player Jose Baxter - once tipped to take the same path to success as Wayne Rooney - is being given another chance of the big time with Sheffield United.

Do you think they checked the league tables?

It's a step up without a doubt but big time? Don't make me laugh.

The "best for the club in the long run" comment suggests this might be the case.....

No suggestion full stop. If it was triggered we would have been told how the club had no choice, whereas now were just bein spoon fed the 'its best for the club' line.

Although I actually can see the argument.

No suggestion full stop. If it was triggered we would have been told how the club had no choice, whereas now were just bein spoon fed the 'its best for the club' line.

Although I actually can see the argument.

Surprised the club haven't just chose to say nothing, and let us believe the clause was hit.

Big thanks to Jose for what he did for us. I'm sad to see him go as undoubtedly he helped us survive last season and was a real talent.

I agree with the club statement that this is in best interest of the club.

Jose has proven difficult to fit into Johnson's side and I hope, with the new signings, we will go on to prove that we can continue to play winning football without him.

Sheff Utd fans on thier message board banging on about how they can't wait to sing Jose Baxter Baby. The Bastards!!

There's got to be a song to the tune of Prefab Sprout's 'King of Rock and Roll' that ends Albert Rusnak (albuquergue).

Long day at work.....

Big thanks to Jose for what he did for us. I'm sad to see him go as undoubtedly he helped us survive last season and was a real talent.

I'm not sure exactly what he did for us?

Surely we did more for him given that he had been rejected by Palace and others and was struggling to find a club. We gave him the chance and he did his job....it is their bleeding job......and then left for a "better" job a year

You don't earn legendary status after one year, we move on.

Seems pretty clear that any release clause was not triggered. Hopefully that means we've got a significant sell-on clause in the deal with Sheff Utd.

Hopefully. Didn't Prozac report that the release clause was £250k. If Latics have let Baxter go for less, then they could (and should) have inserted a few clauses of their own - including a decent percentage sell-on clause.

25,000 reads from a club with home attendances below 4,000.

Get your arses down to BP today folks.

I was thinking the exact same myself, Jose has gone, good luck to the lad but let's start fresh today with 3 points against ronnie and his scruffy scroats !!!!!

3 points today and its the start of the LAB era....and I can't wait.

Don't get me wrong. JB was a delight to watch at times and I'm glad I witnessed some of those performances in the flesh. However, he did blow cold as well as hot and when he did, it illustrated our reliance on our talisman. Credit to LJ last week in dropping him to show everyone we can still deliver a performance in his absence. Yes it was Vale but additions this week and what we have already means we can repeat at time and time again this season.

From what I've read on here this week I could have been forgiven for thinking we'd gone into liquidation. Put it into perspective, he's one player and one player doesn't make a first eleven, a squad or a club. We move on and we move on with similar strengths with the same probability of success this season.

Him going has allowed us to bring in a City starlet who comes with a lot of plaudits who's already showing he can do it at a level above us (Prem stiffs), a centre half who's performed well on trial, another centre half imminent, Danny Philliskirk who's returned older, wiser and scoring goals on the reserves.

Thanks Jose for lighting up ISZ and for allowing us to strengthen further in more areas, especially defence. I wish you well at Sheffield United; you'll always be welcome back, especially if its only in an Oldham shirt. However you're now in our annuls alongside Ritchie, Palmer, Eyres, Stainrod and the others we look back on with misty eyes....the page has turned, we move on and roar the lads onto three points today.