Jose Baxter - Sheffield United

I hate Sheffield united more than Leeds and Manchester.

I forgive you Jose be because of what you did for us last season, boo hoo sob.....right next!!!!!

Edited by underdog

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

city player could be a right back, plus another CM - we are light in there anyway regardless of Baxter going.

I'm more inclined to think that resting him at pboro and sat was more in line with seeing how we coped without him and no doubt LJ has planned for this for some time.

Rusniak would be as good a replacement, as would Wellens.

It's just a shame that when we finally have a squad where there is decent quality in every position, we cant keep it together for the season, but I guess on our budget we will never be able to sustain all the quality players throughout the season, sacrifice one for a fee and get 2 or 3 in for the betterment of the squad.

As long as the replacement is as near as his quality as we can get then that's fine.

Again, no gripe with the club at all in this we have got a good deal out of JB in the end whichever way you look at it, my only gripe is that it is sheff u, in the same league and in the state they are in which is not a team packed with quality, its a squad of cloggers plus baxter and now theyre gonna think theyre the bees knees.....................

Annyway, thats football i guess, Tottenham with Bale and Arsenal with RVP had to do the same so we cant moan i guess.

Now - will latics have had the foresight to stipulate that JB is to not play against us during this season?

If he were to score the winner against us in the playoffs at some stage, that really would be 'thanks very much'

Edited by shefflatic

I'm not as bothered about losing him as I would have been a few weeks back, our team seems to be more balanced without him. As long as we use the fee and funds his transfer will have freed up wisely then this is by no means a disaster.

I concur

Gutted. My little lad's first game this Sat - was hoping Jose would feature, only player he knows. I'll have to tell him we have signed Kevin Pietersen.

The reaction on the streets of Royton to Jose going is akin to that in Sheffield when Big Ron left Wednesday for Villa.

Must be painful for them being in league 1 for a 3rd season after all the stick they gave the wendies.

It's just the way it works. They weren't happy about Wolves coming down and taking McDonald from them. Wolves have more money though with their parachute payments too.

city player could be a right back, plus another CM - we are light in there anyway regardless of Baxter going.

Smith, Wes, Mellor & Rodgers along with Winchester coming back from injury. We're fine at CM. Obviously if a realistic chance of bringing someone like Wellens in is possible then we should go for it, but currently we've got more than enough options in centre mid...

Thanks for everything Jose. Survival, the Cup goals and signing the contract in January more than repays the gamble we took on you.

Whatever the fee was, I'm sure it was agreed in January so we'll have budgeted for it.

Sheffield United is a bigger club than us, but Baxter has sold himself short.

He might not immediately fit into the team but I'm sure he could've done over the season and would have been very influential to us.

My favourite player since Shez. Hope he makes the most out of his career, if he does then the sky's the limit.

Gutted he's gone. :(