Team for Monday?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All their fans thinking it's a nice easy win for them, mainly predictions of 2-0, 3-0 and 4-0 and calling us 'one of the lesser sides'

I think they'll be in for quite a shock when we turn up with the players we have.

In all seriousness Wolves and Peterborough aside there is no other stand-out team in this league and i think we have one of the better able squads in the league with not many that are better.

Preston certainly dont scare me and are still mainly an image of Westley's time there with the fat lump Davies added to it.

Bring 'em on!

I honestly believe the football world will wake up on Tuesday morning aghast at the superior football of Oldham Athletic.

Wouldn't put it past Preston to overconfidantly play 352. They maybe won 3-0 last week, but none of the goals were particularly classy. I predict 3 from Latics, inc. one from a direct free kick.

I found it laughable what some of the PNE fans were saying and their predictions will prove to be way off the mark, Instead of last seasons powder puff effort against em I expect us to be up and at em from the off and that they'll have no answer to it.

Preston are a good side with a proven manager but with a few players missing and this over confidence I can only see one outcome, We will score goals tonight without fail

The answer is can we stop them doing the same?

As much as some find the predictions of a 2/3-0 Preston win laughable, I find some of the over confident predictions as equally absurd.

We have been very hit and miss so far.

I have only seen 3 games. Walsall, Tranmere and Derby. Three 1-0 defeats. We were good against derby for 45 mins, then lacked punch. Appalling against walsall and very good vs Tranmere for a half but faded as we went along. In none of those games did we look like scoring 3/4.

In short we are unpredicatable.... but I'm going tonight.

1-0 Preston then

Edited by pukka