Come back to me in May when we need points to stay up.

Whats the difference? We have been in that same position for most of our time in League One. So the fact that we are playing entertaining football but still getting the same :censored:e results should be a bonus.... Lets stop moaning and just be happy you dont have neck ache watching a Ronnie Moore side. This website has become a horrible place full of horrible people recently.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's all opinions mate. I know I'm probably in the minority with Rooney; but I've said in another thread I think he flatters to deceive.

Have to say that I was amazed that he actually signed for us given the way he's played at his previous clubs, Always looked a decent striker (for other clubs) and worthy of the playershare contributions that have helped to secure his move to Latics (I was chuffed when he signed by the way)

Totally agree with others that we need a settled side and Adams a big part of that, We have had glimpses of what might be but it all hinges on L.J and his team selection, IF he gets it right then I can see an easy top half finish but if he keeps changing it then we will be struggling once more come the last 6 games of so.

Quote from the manager using Paul Dickov speak on the official website about last night's game;

"I was really pleased with five or six of our lads who were magnificent".

I wonder if most fans who went to the match think that ?

Edited by BP1960

What he said to the players matters more.

Some interesting points raised in this thread.

Above all, we have to accept that LJ is still learning and will make mistakes along the way. I guess that supports the case for a more experienced no. 2, but which of our better players would you sacrifice to pay for that?

You can either get frustrated that we always seem to find ourselves being the guinea pig club for a rookie manager to learn his job, or you can treat it as part of the roller coaster ride and hope that this rookie manager is good enough to learn from his mistakes.

What he said to the players matters more.

Some interesting points raised in this thread.

Above all, we have to accept that LJ is still learning and will make mistakes along the way. I guess that supports the case for a more experienced no. 2, but which of our better players would you sacrifice to pay for that?

You can either get frustrated that we always seem to find ourselves being the guinea pig club for a rookie manager to learn his job, or you can treat it as part of the roller coaster ride and hope that this rookie manager is good enough to learn from his mistakes.

I get the impression LJ doesn't want an older head alongside him he wants to do it his own trendy way.

I get the impression LJ doesn't want an older head alongside him he wants to do it his own trendy way.

If that's the case, he's an arrogant fool destined to fail. Dickov and Shez both made that mistake and it proved their undoing. Both Ritchie and Dowie had the sense to utilise an experienced head. I know he's got his owd fella on the end of a phone but in truth GJ will be more interested in Yeovil's struggles in the league above.

Even Dickov has bitten the bullet by bringing in Horton - a man I would have loved to have seen as part of the set up here.

Edited by oafcprozac

TP, Mimms, his dad, he's got plenty of experience to call on, John Gorman or whoever isn't suddenly going to turn us into a team capable of being at the other end of the table.

BUT whatever position we find ourselves in during games - an experienced head has been in that same situation many times before. I hope LJ learnt more last night than he has previously on courses, in classrooms and during his fledgling managerial career. The best learn from their mistakes. The last two rookies (Shez & PD) haven't. Over to you Lee…….

You boys need to get into reality you daft bastards

or maybe YOU need to get behind the team and manager and stop spouting :censored:e after a midweek loss to the best team in the division... i do agree we shouldn't be changing a winning team tho (in hind site that is)

You know what Kieran, yes I'm disappointed with our tactics and the way the manager set us up to play but you're right. Although they were bang average in that first half - you could see they had extra gears and Wolves are definitely the best team we have played this season BUT setting out to damage limitate is still no excuse. Given the resources at their disposal and I expect Orient to drop a few places by the end of the season (Still make top 6 though) I think Wolves will piss this league.

TP, Mimms, his dad, he's got plenty of experience to call on, John Gorman or whoever isn't suddenly going to turn us into a team capable of being at the other end of the table.

The point is he looks to be trying to do it all - taking on too much, the strain will get to him sooner or later.

:censored:ing hell, the reason we got rid of Dickov wasn't because he made mistakes at first, it was because he never learnt from them way into the 3rd year.

So when you say 'Dickov said this' or 'You would've gone mad if Dickov did that'. No, in Dickov's first season people generally weren't like that, and that should be the same case with LJ. If he's making the same errors that cost us into the 3rd season then it's valid. Otherwise, get off his back and accept he's a rookie manager.

Quote from the manager using Paul Dickov speak on the official website about last night's game;

"I was really pleased with five or six of our lads who were magnificent".

I wonder if most fans who went to the match think that ?

I disagree with that quote, even if he actually means that 5 or 6 were crap!

No one really had the chance to stand out because of the way we set up (except possibly the wingers). Team performance and discipline were most important and until the 1st goal we had no problems with that. After that we changed our shape to find the equaliser and got stretched.

Noticed nobody who defended LJ wanted to buy the bet off me

That's because it's a :censored:ing :censored:e bet. What you are saying is you placed a bet on promotion 12 games ago and now you think we are going down? I think your anger is misdirected and you need to look a little closer to home.