Loans coming in

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We need a steady defender aka a Gregan but they are few and far between. Strange comment re second half when we shipped two goals to poor defending and still only scored one when level at break. It certainly goes down as a typical latics performance and from talking to mates why many have given up as sort of predictable whoever is in charge.

Scoring two away should give you at least a point not that a point is worth a lot v bottom side. Why can the players not show any real drive for full 90 mins? Fans who went must be gutted.

Too many lightweights, lack of bottle and easily bullied may go some way to explaining it?

Edited by BP1960

Don't need any loan players. The problems last night were down to nobody picking up their man all game, can't see a new face improving that. If he's bringing in a loan just as a reaction he's making a mistake.

Also, however good Mills has been, I can't help but thinking that trying to accommodate him and Grounds has meant chopping and changing too much. When he goes back, hopefully Grounds will go back to LB and we can have a run of games with a settled back 4. That's why I can't see the benefit with bringing people in, work with what we've got.

I believe Larnell Cole had talks on Saturday and Scholes rates him. He is a quick footed attacking midfielder but has no experience in League football. He would need to be a rare immediate impact loanee for it to come off. If we were lucky in that respect and also managed to get an 'experienced' central defender it would, IMO, make a big difference. Trying to find a guaranteed striker at any level is like finding dobby horse poo.

Edited by mikeroyboy

I'd like to see some expierence come in but that will come at alot higher cost than untried youngsters. Without tarky last night there wasn't one leader in our defence including oxley . Oxleys reluctance to come for crosses is preventing us from relieving pressure and slowing the game down when we are under the cosh . Time for rachubka maybe ? By bringing in two kids on loan Lj is running the same risk as previous managers of hampering our own players' confidence/progress.

I don't think he's hampering our own players, simply giving them a kick up the backside and letting them know they can be replaced if they can't be relied on. I agree that Rachubka should be brought in, I've always had doubts about Oxley and I can't see Hull keeping him myself.

Only defender we need is possibly RB - not seen Winchester play this season so cant pass judgement on that, but Tarky & Kusunga are fine at CB. Midfield we are fine, give Mellor another chance in CM! He won't be bullied and brings an attacking presence - remember how well him & Smith started to play last season? No need for two loanees...

Only defender we need is possibly RB - not seen Winchester play this season so cant pass judgement on that, but Tarky & Kusunga are fine at CB. Midfield we are fine, give Mellor another chance in CM! He won't be bullied and brings an attacking presence - remember how well him & Smith started to play last season? No need for two loanees...

Winchester was the best player on the pitch on Sat and played well against Orient at RB. Also got Lanzoni and Brown there so I think we are fine.

Rumour on facebook baxter's been linked with a loan move back

That's hilarious! Are people talking bull:censored: not even trying any more? Doesn't look that way. Suppose next we're signing Gregan back to partner Tarky.

Edited by Ross2509

A rumour started by Bob Isaacs doesn't count! He'll be back in the Sheffield side in no time at all. He's was only not in it at weekend cos he's just recovering from injury.

Mike Keegan reckons we are after Larnell Cole...

Would be a coup as it seems they want him in the Championship

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2434820/Manchester-United-youngsters-Michael-Keane-Darnell-Cole-loan-Jesse-Lingard-impresses-Birmingham-City.html