Main Stand Moaning Gits

Don't mean to deliberately go against the grain here, but if a seat says reserved then why not just sit in a different one? Some people have sat in the same seats for years just let them have it.

OR

If you find somebody sat in 'your' seat, why not just politely ask them to move instead of being a prick about it.

For me, reserved means reserved. If I go in a car park and just pay for the day, I wouldn't park anywhere where it said reserved.

how many times have you been on a train and a seat has said "reserved" on it, only for no-one to sit in it? Besides, some of them stickers have not been moved for years, despite the fact no-one has sat in them

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can understand if people go each week and sit near other people be they season ticket holders or not and chat through the game, for them, the social interaction is what going to Latics is all about.

The cup games come around, unreserved seating and they don't get their spot near their friends and it makes the evening not as enjoyable. As has been said, a simple, "I'm sorry but I've been sitting in these seats for the last few seasons and chatting to these nice people, would you mind shuffling down a bit" - There is usually room is a much better way of dealing with it. If the people say no, then tough, the seating is unreserved it is their right not to move but you've asked nicely, not much more you can do.

Getting stewards involved is a non-starter, the steward should just say "It is unreserved seating, nothing I can do." Next time there is unreserved seating, get to the ground earlier.

I've got to admit, I usually sit in the RRE, I've got to the ground for some unreserved games and got to our seats first to find they are occupied and asked the lads sitting there if they wouldn't mind moving as there are a few of us who normally sit there and they have moved. Luckily there has been room to move into.

Really surprised by the amount of people who are so eager to sit in a seat that is reserved for somebody else. For me you are just as bad as the people who arrogantly ask you to move.

For the record, when I had a season ticket I didnt even know where 'my' seat was!! On tuesday I sat in a seat that said reserved because I couldnt find another up at the top of the george hill, but I would have moved if asked.

Really surprised by the amount of people who are so eager to sit in a seat that is reserved for somebody else. For me you are just as bad as the people who arrogantly ask you to move.

For the record, when I had a season ticket I didnt even know where 'my' seat was!! On tuesday I sat in a seat that said reserved because I couldnt find another up at the top of the george hill, but I would have moved if asked.

If it's unallocated seating how is it reserved for someone else?

There's no difference between those with and without a season-ticket for cup games so why should somebody automatically stake claim to a seat when it isn't reserved?

It is reserved though, thats why there is a sticker on it. Unreserved seating means that none season ticket holders who purchase a ticket are not allocated a seat, and can sit in any seat that is not already reserved.

Or they could just show a bit of respect.

:censored:ing hell.

It is reserved though, thats why there is a sticker on it. Unreserved seating means that none season ticket holders who purchase a ticket are not allocated a seat, and can sit in any seat that is not already reserved.

In the same way you can never ever park on single yellows.

I think your interpretation of unreserved seating might be incorrect.

As far as I'm aware, unreserved seating means that everyone (irrespective of whether they are a season ticket holder) can sit where they like.

I think your interpretation of unreserved seating might be incorrect.

As far as I'm aware, unreserved seating means that everyone (irrespective of whether they are a season ticket holder) can sit where they like.

That's the way I see it. The reserved sticker on my seat is irrelevant for games where everyone either pays on the day or cup games where allocated seats are allocated. Fortunately we usually get such tiny crowds that it doesn't really matter.

Just looked up the meaning of reserved, it means its reserved.

The reserved seating only covers the league games not the cup games someone sits in my seat for a league game I will ask them to move. Likewise if it's a big game where reserved seating policy is in place and I have bought my seat I.e. Liverpool.

In cup games where it is unreserved seating and someone sits in my usual seat for league games I shall sit elsewhere usually close by it's pretty straight forward really. Can't see why anyone struggles to understand this.

I'm still not having it. If it says reserved and somebody turns up and moves you, then they are a bit of a dick for doing it and you are a bit of a dick if you felt the need to moan about it.

Also, as I wouldn't move somebody out of 'my' seat and would happily move out of some old whingers seat cos (s)he sat there for years, then I'M a bit of a dick for still going on about it!

Monty ....I was taking the kids (aged 8 and 10) in the main stand for the first time as we RRE season ticket holders. We picked a good seat behind dug outs and kids absolutely loved listening to and being close to their heroes. It was a first come first served basis for the seats but the :censored: I got for not moving made me dig my heels in more, fact is that they were pompous old bastards who thought they were directors! LOL....That's my argument agree or disagree I could not give a toss...But I'm right on this one!

I'm still not having it. If it says reserved and somebody turns up and moves you, then they are a bit of a dick for doing it and you are a bit of a dick if you felt the need to moan about it.

Also, as I wouldn't move somebody out of 'my' seat and would happily move out of some old whingers seat cos (s)he sat there for years, then I'M a bit of a dick for still going on about it!

The point is that you pay for your seat for the 23 home games in the league per season and have a right to sit there then, essentially you've pre-booked it.

For the cup games when it's pay-on-the-day you have no entitlement to sit there because you've not pre-booked it for that game i.e. it ain't reserved anymore. Therefore anybody can sit in it regardless of its 'reserved' sticker.

I can't believe the club don't removed the "reserved" stickers before cup games and replace them afterwards.

Corney out!

A better idea would be to replace all the 'reserved' stickers with 'this seat is reserved for league matches only' stickers.

Dickov out!

:wink:

Monty ....I was taking the kids (aged 8 and 10) in the main stand for the first time as we RRE season ticket holders. We picked a good seat behind dug outs and kids absolutely loved listening to and being close to their heroes. It was a first come first served basis for the seats but the :censored: I got for not moving made me dig my heels in more, fact is that they were pompous old bastards who thought they were directors! LOL....That's my argument agree or disagree I could not give a toss...But I'm right on this one!

Exactly