Great results. Many felt it possible. Why? Because they're a third division team.

Personally delighted to beat the most over inflated team in the most over inflated town/:censored: hole in Britain. Get in!!!!

Wolves is a :censored: hole I'm glad to go home.

Great result. Did you go?

is it all coming together for a run of good results? signs look good and some very winnable games coming up

excellent result this, especially for a bit of extra money in the bank. hopefully we guard against complacency, dispatch mansfield and set up another 3rd round cupset

Some Wolves fans on twitter don't seem very pleased, but they clearly love Oldham!!

Tim Rigby@thetimrigby

Absolute :censored:hole of a town, three sided ground and playing them away in 3 months anyway. No positives to that draw #wwfc #wolves #facup

lex Lane@AlexLane18

Oldham away then in the old FA cup first round. Not the best tie doesn't excite me at all boring comes to mind oh well #wwfc

Mark Bromley@bromWWFC

What a :censored:e draw! F*****g Oldham away! About as exciting as a bag of sand! #AntiClimax #GetJobDone #WWFC

Russ Cockburn@Dwarfio

I mean who in the right mind deserves to visit oldham twice in six months #wwfc

J@JMasters171212

:censored:ty tin pot Oldham away, what a boring draw #wwfc #oafc

Can anyone bring up the Wolve twats how went public on twitter saying how :censored: we are

They suffer from big club gone wrong syndrome. I have an acquaintance I've made recently through some charity stuff who's a Wolves fan and as far as football is concerned makes your jaw drop with his over inflated sense of the clubs position in the greater scheme of things. Totally dismissive and condescending about us when we played them in the league and actually said he found it disgusting they were playing in the first round of the FA Cup. So I've just posted this on his Facebook wall......

Eric Idle! Noddy Holder! Denise Lewis! Edward Elgar! Goldie! Tessa Sanderson! Rachel Heyhoe Flint! Robert Plant can you hear me Robert Plant! Your boys took a hell of a beating! Your boys took a hell of a beating!

Ooooh you get warning points now, show's how long it is since I posted, can I get a yellow card for :censored: off? :clint:

Edited by inspectormorose

Just in the car on the way back. Quite a comfortable victory if I'm honest. Wolves offered nothing with the exception of Griffiths who looked dangerous anytime he got the ball.

We held our shape really well and were a big threat in the 2nd half on the break.

Oxley - has to be dropped, made the routine saves but rooted to his line too often and most definitely at fault for the goal because of that.

Smith - very steady, played out from the back, lovely ball to put Philliskirk through on goal in the 1st half.

Kusunga - marking and positioning was non-existent for the first 10minutes but a rock for the other 80.

Tarky - no nonsense. Kept it simple, hoofed it more than I've ever seen but that was no bad thing at all in the circumstances. Utterly dominant in the air and will enjoy his Sambuca tonight.

Mellor - better going forward than defending. Got skinned a few times first half but got better as the and went on. Always looked to pick a pass.

Dayton - slow to get into the game being up against the beast Elokobi but started to get the ball more and committed wolves players. Him, Smith & Philliskirk played some lovely keep ball.

Weso - everywhere, snapped into tackles and kept the ball moving. Whether its down to being in the last year of his contract I don't know but he is in a rich vein of form.

Rodgers - 100% pass completion rate. A really intelligent player. Does not deserve to be dropped even though he will be.

Monty - so unfit and so very very rusty. His touch which has never been the best was way off and he was scared to get at their young fullback when 1 on 1. Presumably he knew he didn't have the speed to beat him. Took a knock but would no doubt have been subbed anyway.

JCH - poor start, couldn't win a header, made the wrong runs and his touch let him down a few times. However he ran the channels well and drew the foul for the free kick which led to the 1st goal. 2nd half was much improved and played a lovely ball to put Philliskirk through on goal which should have resulted in a goal.

Philliskirk - don't think he ever lost the ball. So comfortable in tight spaces and when taking the ball with his back to goal. His link up play was spot on as always. Good to see him following up for the first goal - he always seems to score scrappy goals. He was unlucky hitting the post in the 2nd half but should have scored the two 1 on 1's he had.

Subs

Schmaltz - what a cameo. Gave our attacks so much more impetus. Used his pace to get out to their full back much quicker than Monty could which enabled the rest of the team to push up and win the ball back much higher up the pitch. Great run to tee Rooney up and was nice to see Rooney and the others point to him when celebrating. Done more than enough to warrant a start next match.

Rooney - the right call to bring him on and keep a presence up top. Lovely finish for the goal across the keeper and into the corner. Hopefully give him a confidence boost.

Lanzoni - not on long but did nothing wrong at left back. Lovely tackle on Griffiths which left him on the floor.

We should have been out of site before they hit the post with a minute to go and then scored with the last kick of the game. Molineux with 4,000 fans was like a ghost town. The 200 or so Oldham fans were in good spirits. Rachubka and Schmeltz

have to start for me. The centre of midfield is a tough one for LJ as Rodgers isn't doing a thing wrong. We passed it well but not once did we overplay like we did at the start of the season so progress definitely being made.

JCH was the first one over to the fans, Kusunga looked chuffed to bits likewise LJ who was last one over.

Starting to find some consistency so lets see where it takes us.

Molineux with 4,000 fans was like a ghost town. The 200 or so Oldham fans were in good spirits.

Thanks for the report fella. Great result! I was gutted that I couldn't justify taking time off work for it especially considering that we won, but when I hear that there was only 4k there that softens the blow slightly. Must've been such a strange experience being in a ground with so few people that holds so many.

Just in the car on the way back. Quite a comfortable victory if I'm honest. Wolves offered nothing with the exception of Griffiths who looked dangerous anytime he got the ball.

We held our shape really well and were a big threat in the 2nd half on the break.

Oxley - has to be dropped, made the routine saves but rooted to his line too often and most definitely at fault for the goal because of that.

Smith - very steady, played out from the back, lovely ball to put Philliskirk through on goal in the 1st half.

Kusunga - marking and positioning was non-existent for the first 10minutes but a rock for the other 80.

Tarky - no nonsense. Kept it simple, hoofed it more than I've ever seen but that was no bad thing at all in the circumstances. Utterly dominant in the air and will enjoy his Sambuca tonight.

Mellor - better going forward than defending. Got skinned a few times first half but got better as the and went on. Always looked to pick a pass.

Dayton - slow to get into the game being up against the beast Elokobi but started to get the ball more and committed wolves players. Him, Smith & Philliskirk played some lovely keep ball.

Weso - everywhere, snapped into tackles and kept the ball moving. Whether its down to being in the last year of his contract I don't know but he is in a rich vein of form.

Rodgers - 100% pass completion rate. A really intelligent player. Does not deserve to be dropped even though he will be.

Monty - so unfit and so very very rusty. His touch which has never been the best was way off and he was scared to get at their young fullback when 1 on 1. Presumably he knew he didn't have the speed to beat him. Took a knock but would no doubt have been subbed anyway.

JCH - poor start, couldn't win a header, made the wrong runs and his touch let him down a few times. However he ran the channels well and drew the foul for the free kick which led to the 1st goal. 2nd half was much improved and played a lovely ball to put Philliskirk through on goal which should have resulted in a goal.

Philliskirk - don't think he ever lost the ball. So comfortable in tight spaces and when taking the ball with his back to goal. His link up play was spot on as always. Good to see him following up for the first goal - he always seems to score scrappy goals. He was unlucky hitting the post in the 2nd half but should have scored the two 1 on 1's he had.

Subs

Schmaltz - what a cameo. Gave our attacks so much more impetus. Used his pace to get out to their full back much quicker than Monty could which enabled the rest of the team to push up and win the ball back much higher up the pitch. Great run to tee Rooney up and was nice to see Rooney and the others point to him when celebrating. Done more than enough to warrant a start next match.

Rooney - the right call to bring him on and keep a presence up top. Lovely finish for the goal across the keeper and into the corner. Hopefully give him a confidence boost.

Lanzoni - not on long but did nothing wrong at left back. Lovely tackle on Griffiths which left him on the floor.

We should have been out of site before they hit the post with a minute to go and then scored with the last kick of the game. Molineux with 4,000 fans was like a ghost town. The 200 or so Oldham fans were in good spirits. Rachubka and Schmeltz

have to start for me. The centre of midfield is a tough one for LJ as Rodgers isn't doing a thing wrong. We passed it well but not once did we overplay like we did at the start of the season so progress definitely being made.

JCH was the first one over to the fans, Kusunga looked chuffed to bits likewise LJ who was last one over.

Starting to find some consistency so lets see where it takes us.

Thanks for the report. Finally we're turning the dominant performances into wins. I have to admit I was a little nervous at Sidney coming on at 1-0 as he offers very little defensively - seems LJ made a good call though, so kudos for really going for the 2nd goal.

Great result boys . Been abit critical of LJ and the team sometimes this season but superb result tonight . Met Brendan Rodgers in petrol station last Tuesday cos he lives in same town as me. He had been to game vs n county . He said it will take time but latics are defo going in right direction . Complimentary of our young team and our passing game . He spoke like a dad would re his sons team and not a Liverpool manager . He Would love latics to get to wembley with his lad involved . Probably glad not to get pestered by Liverpool fans with same old questions . . I bet he was there tonight ...

Edited by Pure Elvis 1977

Excellent performance. First half we were tidy, although not dominant. Philliskirk somehow prodded in the rebound from a JCH free kick, but Wolves looked like they'd find the pass to split our defence. Montaño was awful. I know players need time when returning from injury but the lad wasn't interested, didn't want the ball and actively made runs to ensure he didn't get it.

Second half we were excellent. Rodgers and Philliskirk were magnificent, the former not just passing with consummate ease but sharp in the tackle, as were most of our players. DP should probably have had a hat-trick, contriving to shoot straight at the keeper when one on one and then conjuring a shot out of nothing that cannoned back off the post.

Schmelz and Rooney came on a had the last two touches of a sharp break which saw Rooney finish in the style we've been waiting for - cool, calm, classy and composed.

We let Wolves come at us a bit late on, and they rattled the woodwork before scoring with the last touch, but had no real threat.

Real credit to them for a great team display. We wanted it more. We got it.

Hope all the impatient pricks who ve already been getting on LJ s back are quietening down now , I knew this team had HUGE potential , needs time to learn, I remain totally convinced we ve got a gem of a manager .

Well done boys , deal with Mansfield professionally , then another big draw in round 3 . . .

From the Wolves Fans' Forum:

Jonzy54

Take a letter Miss Pringle
Dear FA and FL it is with much regret that we have decided not to enter any Cup competitions next year.The players can't be bothered and after tonight neither can the fans .
We wish you every success but the Cups are just not for us.
Yours Wolverhampton Wanderers.

MATCH STATS
Wolves Oldham
Possession 54% 46%
Shots 9 18
On target 3 7

I thought we were magnificent tonight, best 90 minute performance of the season for me! Rodgers was immense for me and my motm closely followed by philly, looking like an inspired signing and he'll be on a low contract too, id get him signed up on an extension!

Whilst pleased with the result I would just like to pour a bucket of cold water over it and say that Wolves did have players out and would appear to be focusing more on the upcoming league games.

I'm glad that it is our team that is in the next round, glad Philliskirk kept up his goal scoring and Rooney found his scoring boots but a bit of perspective might be needed. Roll on Saturday, that's when the wins count.

Whilst pleased with the result I would just like to pour a bucket of cold water over it and say that Wolves did have players out and would appear to be focusing more on the upcoming league games.

I'm glad that it is our team that is in the next round, glad Philliskirk kept up his goal scoring and Rooney found his scoring boots but a bit of perspective might be needed. Roll on Saturday, that's when the wins count.

you can only beat what's in front of you and not many sides will get a win at Molineux this season, as we found out in the league. We're finally putting chances away and it's refreshing to be following a game into the last few minutes and not being at all worried.

They suffer from big club gone wrong syndrome. I have an acquaintance I've made recently through some charity stuff who's a Wolves fan and as far as football is concerned makes your jaw drop with his over inflated sense of the clubs position in the greater scheme of things. Totally dismissive and condescending about us when we played them in the league and actually said he found it disgusting they were playing in the first round of the FA Cup. So I've just posted this on his Facebook wall......

Eric Idle! Noddy Holder! Denise Lewis! Edward Elgar! Goldie! Tessa Sanderson! Rachel Heyhoe Flint! Robert Plant can you hear me Robert Plant! Your boys took a hell of a beating! Your boys took a hell of a beating!

Ooooh you get warning points now, show's how long it is since I posted, can I get a yellow card for :censored: off? :clint:

I've had a browse through their forum and not seen 1 complimentary post to us....its all 'we're not bothered about the cup' nonsense....

we outplayed them full-stop....