Mansfield

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd always been keen for away matches at the bigger sides for the days out but after last season I've done a 180 turn and would much prefer them at BP. A giantkilling at a full, boisterous and freezing Boundary Park trumps doing it in a bigger club's backyard for me. Not that I'd been complaining either way!

Anyway, feet on the ground. There's some comments on this thread (not including my own tongue in cheek one above of course) that are very reminiscent of those on some of our victims' forums over the past year or so.

I'd play

Rachubka

Lanzoni

Kasunga

Grounds

Plummer

Schmeltz

Wes

Rodgers

Dayton

Rooney

Charlie Mac (if fit) - Philly if not

-----------------

JCH has looked tired recently. 3 games in a week coming up again. He'd be on my bench.

Perfect chance to give Tarky or Grounds a rest.

Rooney needs goals. A great chance to get some here.

Korey has played every game (I think) & Id put him on the bench.

Only other one to possibly rest is Dayton, but Id rather start him and possibly bring him off if we are comfortable.

I wouldn't mix and match too much at all.

In resting players - keys players in Smith & Tarky (from Pukka's post) - it sends a message that we dont need to be at out very best.

Complacency breeds from those types of messages and before you know it, you're out of the cup to a lower side.

Start pretty much the same 1X as Sunday, then make subs when the game is safe.

The only exception i'd make to the starting lineup is JCH - as i agree; with him playing the full 90 on sunday; i'd rest him in this one and play Rooney instead. Saving JCH for the Chesterfield game...

Maybe smith and Tarky shouldn't both be rested on reflection, but we have a lot of games coming up. At some point Smith especially is going to need a rest. I think I'd be doing it in this game. At some point the Rodgers / Wes partnership needs a game too, incase of a suspension / injury. It worked at Wolves in the cup, another game wont hurt it.

With kusunga suspended - Tarky for him.

It's only 4 changes.

The keeper (we have done this in the JPT anyway), 2 up front and Rodgers for smith. All 4 of them would be on the bench.

Edited by pukka