Montano suspended! (Update: Sacked)

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An alleged rape as well. This saga goes from bad to worse. The club, in my opinion, has done the right thing and acted as swiftly as possible in taking firm action..which is better than letting it ride and appearing to do nothing. God knows what was going through Montaño's head at the time.

Yeah, we had to pay a fee as he was under 24, and West Ham offered him a deal equal or greater than his previous.

All I'm doing is pinning a date on the allegation though.

Quite right too and a good spot, so much for a MEN exclusive too. :wink:

God knows whats going through his head now!? But good riddence! Club has done right sacking him

Too true, but it is not only him that will suffer..I can't imagine what his wife and family must be going through..and at this time of the year everything seems to be multiplied tenfold, in its emotional intensity. I kind of feel sad for him, yet at the same time I think he has been extremely idiotic and thrown away his career, possibly his marriage and most certainly his reliability and reputation.

Very hypothetical question - if he is found not guilty of this rape and it emerges he was involved with the spot fixing because he was worried his career was over or he wouldn't be able to provide for his little lad for a few years, would that mellow the views that he should be banned for life?

Not saying it is the case or that it would make it right, but it does make you wonder.

Very hypothetical question - if he is found not guilty of this rape and it emerges he was involved with the spot fixing because he was worried his career was over or he wouldn't be able to provide for his little lad for a few years, would that mellow the views that he should be banned for life?

Not saying it is the case or that it would make it right, but it does make you wonder.

Speaking as a parent and husband myself, it is easy to sympathize with the misguided motives and temptation of spot-fixing. The alleged assault, well that would be unforgivable on any level, if the allegations were to be substantiated. The reason I would not mellow my opinion on a ban for life is because he is fortunate enough to be in a chosen career and one that can provide a good income, if the person works hard and has the sense to forward plan.

On any path, a job is a job and it is in our nature to look beyond what we already have, so the offer of 'easy' and 'quick' substantial amounts of money would be enough to make anyone sit up and listen..whether or not to go down that route is up to the individual and they have to live with the repercussions. If either or both allegations are found to be true, then he has to take the punishment and make a new life afterward.

His wife and family will either stand by him or distance themselves.

On the flip-side, other footballers have come through this kind of situation and managed to rescue a modicum of their career..so, maybe Montaño will too.

Whether he's banned for life or not (& he should be), how could another football club possibly take on a player who has been caught cheating to the detriment of his own club/team mates/supporters? (if found guilty)

They couldn't could they?

Although it's far less serious than what Lee Hughes did, bizarrely, a football club couldn't touch him with a bargepole after something like this.

Edited by HarryBosch

The M.E.N. can also reveal that Montano has been charged with rape.

He is one of three men accused of an attack on a woman in London.

Montano, of Caspian Road, Blackley, Andres Hurtado, 23, of Pemberton Gardens, Upper Holloway; and Camilo Valencia, 22, of Woolridge Way, Hackney pleaded not guilty to the allegations in London last week.

Ackey time to delete as Montanos followers risen sharply on twitter not worth the risks? Lots of rumours doing the rounds.

We have no control of twitter so that's by the by.

As we have said many times posters are responsible for their actions and not us. We will remover anything we believe crosses the line immediately and anything the authorities request we remove upon receipt of that request.

For now we just ask people to engage brain first... Not much to ask you'd hope?

It's not often said, but the club have dealt swiftly and sensibly.

They're only allegations at this stage of course, but allegations that the club should avoid association with.

Now we've put this behind us the team can focus on a huge match tomorrow at Mansfield which could reverse a dour week for everyone.

Onwards and Upwards under LJ.