Montano suspended! (Update: Sacked)

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Without pay?

Genuine question.

I highly doubt they will have taken that step without legal consultation first.

As if the video evidence isnt damming enough, this suspension, without pay, just about tucks the whole episode up. Guilty as sin; and the club have quickly found that out and have acted accordingly.

The lad will be lucky to play again after this - I mean, even after coming back from a ban - who will touch him?

Hughes, King, McCormack...they are all horrible human beings and have deaths and rapes and their records - but they were outside of the game.

I genuinely questioned my abiltiy to support the club with Hughes playing for us, with the moral implications involved. Whilst I was upset at our club signing a convicted criminal with a death by dangerous driving record to his name; and i'm sure the fans of the clubs King and McCormack have gone on to play or are the same - which club; and which fans would want a player who they could never be 100% sure was actually being legit and honest in their performances on the pitch?

I'm not for one moment comparing the merits of causing death & rape to what Montano has done. Moreover, saying that his whole sporting integrity has gone for good, and after this - how is a club going to out their trust; their finances in terms of wages etc and their faith in someone who has done this?

He's thrown away his career at 21 years young.

What a stupid, stupid thing to have gotten himself mixed up in.

The club will come out of this alright. I'm pretty sure he'll not be back at the club and, if the rest of the players have their heads screwed on, it might even make them stronger.

I liked Montano but he's rarely fit, inconsistent and probably one of our highest earners. It frees up another wage for Johnson too.