Major Signing Targeted

Johnson said: Gregory is another good player and weve been to see him a couple of times. But it looks like Halifax would want a fee, and it might prove difficult for us to find that fee.

There seems to be a certain amount of surprise that Halifax would ask for a fee.........really?

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Johnson said: Gregory is another good player and weve been to see him a couple of times. But it looks like Halifax would want a fee, and it might prove difficult for us to find that fee.

There seems to be a certain amount of surprise that Halifax would ask for a fee.........really?

Surely they didn't think Halifax would give away their best striker for free.

I wonder how much they're asking for?

Quick skim through their forum says they think 100k would be fair for Gregory, a few doubting whether he could cut it at this level.

A lot on their forum suggesting he's League Two standard, but they still think he's worth £100k.

Not that it matters, I don't think we'd even offer a third of that.

If Johnson thinks this guy could be the difference between staying up or not then 100k is chicken feed really.

Sounds as if we are on the limit budget wise though so imagine it depends on Rooney and Byrne going out the door before we see any in-comings.

Edited by deyres42

If Johnson thinks this guy could be the difference between staying up or not then 100k is chicken feed really.

Sounds as though we are on the limit budget wise though so imagine it depends on Rooney and Byrne going out the door before we see any in-comings.

LJ said we already have room in the budget for new players, but it's an issue of squad size and players would have to go.

If think if he finds a striker and can bring him in, Rooney will be out of the door.

Edited by dec666

If we are lucky enough to sign a bit of quality then it will come at a price. Baxter and Croft were not natural athletes. Driver has a poor injury record. Goodwillie is a bit of a dick. Personally I like to see a touch of quality. Often worth the entrance fee and sometimes makes all the difference.

If we are lucky enough to sign a bit of quality then it will come at a price. Baxter and Croft were not natural athletes. Driver has a poor injury record. Goodwillie is a bit of a dick. Personally I like to see a touch of quality. Often worth the entrance fee and sometimes makes all the difference.

that fella in your avatar would have done the trick.. :bluearmy:

A good dick to have in the squad though............ :getmecoat:

Perhaps we need someone to capture the imagination as in 1960 when the crowd pleaser Bobby Johnstone was signed..gates went from 4, 000 to 17, 000.

Don't we'd increase crowds by that margin even if we signed Messi!!!

Perhaps we need someone to capture the imagination as in 1960 when the crowd pleaser Bobby Johnstone was signed..gates went from 4, 000 to 17, 000.

Don't think we'd increase crowds by that margin even if we signed Messi!!!

Edited by oafc1955

What's Gazza up to these days...?

Scholes is the only one I can think of that woudl fit that bill but I think that ship has sailed

Edited by Dave_Og

With respect BP gates were much better than 4000.

Before Bobby J arrived the attendances were

10860 (my first Latics game)

the lowest two were mid week matches - 5.30 pm kick offs (before floodlights)

But your point is well made ...

With respect BP gates were much better than 4000.

Before Bobby J arrived the attendances were

10860 (my first Latics game)

the lowest two were mid week matches - 5.30 pm kick offs (before floodlights)

But your point is well made ...

Perhaps I'm thinking of 1959 Pete when there seemed to be poor attendances.