Major Signing Targeted

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting footnote. I wonder why?

He was in dispute with Middlesbrough over the contract system, which he said chained players to their clubs. He wanted to leave, so Boro’ put a record £25,000 price tag on him. Mannion declared he would not play for any club offering more than £12,000, saying:

"If this transfer business is not stopped, then I feel football will drift into a commercial affair that will put the game into sore straits".

He wasn't wrong!

Aaron Mclean? LJ wanted lastt season and if Hull manage to bring in Jelavic and Long then no place for him there...

I've heard his name mentioned (from a mate of an ex backroom staff member). Half the championship want him so I wouldn't hold out much hope but I reckon thats who it is.

I've heard his name mentioned (from a mate of an ex backroom staff member). Half the championship want him so I wouldn't hold out much hope but I reckon thats who it is.

He'll be 31 in the summer, LJ has described this as a long term capture, and at 5 ft 7 he's obviously no target man. Hopefully he's still in good nick if he's the man Johnson is trying to sign.