Toothless

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A goal difference of -6 looks terrific on paper. We don't get thrashed , we don't let lots of goals in .....but we score so very few that one is often enough and two is plenty to beat us.

Watched our guys in pre match warm up and they all bury shot after shot giving the keeper no chance ......yet composure and calmness vanishes come kick off.

Saw it coming, I suspect we all did, same tactics Saturday same result IMO.

Sounded like we were unlucky not to get a point.

Came within a post and a saved penalty of scoring.

That said, all we're lacking is that striker with the cutting edge, who can pounce on chances. The Rooney miss late on (from 6 yards out) was a shocker.

That said, all we're lacking is that striker with the cutting edge, who can pounce on chances. The Rooney miss late on (from 6 yards out) was a shocker.

It showed the easy chance and penalty miss on Sky Sports News, hopeless, he's got go.

Edited by BP1960

Em undecided on Rooney he is defiantly a decent player for this level, he has proven it elsewhere but if he is our highest earner and is sitting on the bench and when coming on misses 2 clear cut chances to grab us a point it is not good enough. This has been going on for a while now. A club of our size cannot have its highest earner as an ineffective fringe player it is just not an option.

Best for both parties if we move on in my opinion.

i'm sorry i don't buy this talk from many posters that 'all we lack is that poacher'

Why it the answer always to get in ANOTHER striker?

We have 4 good strikers who will all (and have) scored goals, C Mac tonight nipped in but was/wasnt offside....poaching

For me as has been the issue in recent years we do too much arty farty build up play with the odd goal and not enough on pass-edge of box-shot-goal like Mantom tonight

Rest of the team need to be far more aggressive and forward thinking, on set pieces as well

Not enough being done all round to score goals and get on the end of things and make it a goal - where is the surging ala Gary Mac runs from Korey backing up the front players??

Come on LJ, its in there somewhere

Em undecided on Rooney he is defiantly a decent player for this level, he has proven it elsewhere but if he is our highest earner and is sitting on the bench and when coming on misses 2 clear cut chances to grab us a point it is not good enough. This has been going on for a while now. A club of our size cannot have its highest earner as an ineffective fringe player it is just not an option.

Best for both parties if we move on in my opinion.

Lets face its he's been hopeless all season and LJ must move him on.

Rooney...get rid.....Warren Feeney in disguise

Nah he's not warren feeney bad

He's in the same league as Carlo corrazin clearly a trier but isn't putting the thing in the back of the net consistently enough

I think we all thought he would be Luke Beckett Lee Hughes good.

Edited by GlossopLatic

The one thing Rooney has done well is to take the odd penalty. As other clubs are interested in him, the failure to convert this penalty suggests that he needs a fresh start and we all know we need more goals. Simply could not take the pressure - it was an immense moment for him and he bottled it, confidence will be shot now. LJ can keep him but why would he? Port Vale and Peterborough to come...........