Mark Oxley

Here's the article.....

OLDHAM Athletic last night tabled a £30,000 offer for Hearts keeper Jamie MacDonald. Its understood the Latics are now awaiting a response from Hearts ahead of tomorrows transfer deadline.Jambos boss Gary Locke will be desperate to keep MacDonald, especially with Sundays League Cup semi-final against Inverness looming, and after his side notched a second league win in a row courtesy of Jamie Hamills penalty.MacDonald, who took a wage cut to bail out Hearts when they went into administration, is out of contract in the summer and can leave for free then. However, Oldham boss Lee Johnson, a former Hearts team-mate of MacDonald, is keen to take the Tynecastle No 1 to Boundary Park this month.

Hearts' fans views. http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/137048-oldham-want-jamie-macdonald/

Incidentally were they involved in the Porter ruckus?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's the article.....

OLDHAM Athletic last night tabled a £30,000 offer for Hearts keeper Jamie MacDonald. Its understood the Latics are now awaiting a response from Hearts ahead of tomorrows transfer deadline.Jambos boss Gary Locke will be desperate to keep MacDonald, especially with Sundays League Cup semi-final against Inverness looming, and after his side notched a second league win in a row courtesy of Jamie Hamills penalty.MacDonald, who took a wage cut to bail out Hearts when they went into administration, is out of contract in the summer and can leave for free then. However, Oldham boss Lee Johnson, a former Hearts team-mate of MacDonald, is keen to take the Tynecastle No 1 to Boundary Park this month

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/456909/Hears-1-St-Mirren-2-Oldham-chase-Jambos-keeper-Jamie-MacDonald?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+daily-express-football-news+%28Daily+Express+%3A%3A+Football+Feed%29

Link to the story

Edited by oafctom

I wonder how many of Oxley's critics liked Pogs?

I loved Pogs.

My dislike of Oxley stemmed from the fact he needed a rocket up his arse, we'd be losing and he'd take an age to get the ball moving again. It can also not be denied that he cost us a number of goals by parrying it out into the 6 yard box for tap ins. He also seems more interested in pouting and keeping his hair set.

Having said that, he has impressed over the last few games (despite conceeding 7 in 2)

• 4 weeks later...

Would anyonelse like to see him here next season?

His rate of improvent has been excellent and with a full pre season behind him he can get even better.

Plus we need continuity and keeping a player who is only getting better the more he plays surely has to be the best way forward.

Why would a full pre season make any difference?

He won't be expensive and as the likes of Butland and Hennesey have shown, Championship clubs can often get better keepers in on loan anyway, so can't see Championship clubs breaking down walls to sign him. If Hull stay up, can't see them wanting him, if they did eh would have recalled him earlier in the season.

He's a decent keeper at this level and is getting better to the point where he is IMHO clearly better than Cisak/Bouzanis but probably not as expensive. Considering he was signed 4th July, not sure he didn't have a full pre-season with us anyway. If the club think they can get a better keeper or a better value one then they will probably do so, if not I've not got a problem with him staying here next season.

• 2 weeks later...

True, but didn't he fail to come for an easy cross though before the pen?

yep I thought that too

Ok it was high and a couple of yards beyond the back post, but I thought he could have come for it , arched backwards and caught it in both hands, rolling gently to cushion his landing as he fell. He's not a premier league keeper for me.