LJ interview in Brizzle City Blog

He is just being his usual good-natured self. There was one ominous bit though - about us having almost the lowest budget in the division. Somebody of his ability and ambition will go to a better-spending club as soon as he gets the chance. Let's hope Mr Corney sells the club soon. It's unlikely given the large accounting deficit the 3As have chalked up. But morally and if they have any respect for the club, fans and town, that is what should happen. Let's hope they cut their losses and accept that some apparently gratuitous decisions (eg the Failsworth charity trust affair, where common sense and their legal advisers should have said absolutely no; and tearing down the stand some time after capitalism's near collapse) have been detrimental to Latics. That, and the poor return on the star players who left the club (some eg Taylor and Smith for nowt, they and others who could have been paid to stay, at least until they got us a handsome fees), has led to the inevitable decline in income as the debts against the club are repaid, points lost because of the three-sided stadium and ever-dwindling crowds. It would be a sad end but neither the club nor chairman can cope with the constant increase in debt, and each week's delay makes any sale increasingly unlikely. Whatever the causes of our burgeoning deficit, there is no sense in making it worse.

Even Magic Johnson can't work miracles on all fronts. The extended contract for JCH is excellent business by LJ but it's matters off the field that blacken the horizon. After sixty-odd years a fan I've never seen such a crisis develop with everybody aware of it but absolutely nothing being done to resolve it. A starter would be having a strong local representative on the Board, backed by a powerful independent supporters club. Even non-league clubs are ahead of us here.

Firstly I’d like to say I’m really happy here at Oldham and I’d never bite the hand that feeds me and they’re a fantastic club and gave me my first chance.

One day he's going to leave, whether he be sacked or move on to bigger and better things, it's going to happen. What do you expect him to say? Bristol City are a big club, plenty of managers would take that job.

Edited by OAFC_Ryan

He is just being his usual good-natured self. There was one ominous bit though - about us having almost the lowest budget in the division. Somebody of his ability and ambition will go to a better-spending club as soon as he gets the chance. Let's hope Mr Corney sells the club soon. It's unlikely given the large accounting deficit the 3As have chalked up. But morally and if they have any respect for the club, fans and town, that is what should happen. Let's hope they cut their losses and accept that some apparently gratuitous decisions (eg the Failsworth charity trust affair, where common sense and their legal advisers should have said absolutely no; and tearing down the stand some time after capitalism's near collapse) have been detrimental to Latics. That, and the poor return on the star players who left the club (some eg Taylor and Smith for nowt, they and others who could have been paid to stay, at least until they got us a handsome fees), has led to the inevitable decline in income as the debts against the club are repaid, points lost because of the three-sided stadium and ever-dwindling crowds. It would be a sad end but neither the club nor chairman can cope with the constant increase in debt, and each week's delay makes any sale increasingly unlikely. Whatever the causes of our burgeoning deficit, there is no sense in making it worse.

Even Magic Johnson can't work miracles on all fronts. The extended contract for JCH is excellent business by LJ but it's matters off the field that blacken the horizon. After sixty-odd years a fan I've never seen such a crisis develop with everybody aware of it but absolutely nothing being done to resolve it. A starter would be having a strong local representative on the Board, backed by a powerful independent supporters club. Even non-league clubs are ahead of us here.

Looks like someone got out of bed on the wrong side. What the hell was all that??

So glad I'm not a manic depressive. I'd have topped myself weeks ago reading through some of the negativity on here.

So the deal with JCH is all down to Johnson? Nothing about the directors saying yes to the money?

Yet when players leave at the end of their contract it's the directors' fault?

In your opinion nothing is being done "to resolve" a "crisis". Whether or not either of those is accurate is open to debate.

And I venture to suggest that when Moores left we were in a much worse place than now - and we were in around 59/60 when the club nearly went under.

I'm not complacement, there's lots of things that could have been done better but there's painting things black and there's painting them black before covering them in Tarmac , rubbing coal dust on them, and turning out any daylight

That is a good interview given by an opposition manager to their "forum". Of course he would love to manage Bristol City. Why not? As a fan base they are way above ours, as far as financial backing goes we are way behind them, and that is not a criticism of Corney. LJ as a manager has a lot going for him, he will learn much more here, a young, hungry manager with a small budget and a personal point to prove. He will move on and IMHO it will be to a bigger club who realises what he has to offer.

You know there is help available out there. Please,please talk to someone

Things will get better

:)