Adam Lockwood

What a signing.

The polar opposite of Tarkowski but just what we've needed since Gregan left.

Not blessed with Gregan's talent [blub] but - a big, no nonsense, organised, organising meathead.

Only one leader out there today & it wasn't Korey Smith.

Edited by HarryBosch

What a signing.

The polar opposite of Tarkowski but just what we've needed since Gregan left.

Not blessed with Gregan's talent [blub] but - a big, no nonsense, organised, organising meathead.

Only one leader out there today & it wasn't Korey Smith.

Korey Smith had a bad game BUT that doesn't make Lockwood a good player

I would like someone (preferably a member of our coaching staff) to organise our defence at set pieces. Harkin left his post for their goal so he wasn't able to clear it off the line and in the second half when defending a corner I saw Harkin watch their big number 10 walk past him into the penalty area and left him completely unmarked. And some of our marking when defending set pieces is really sloppy. Our players forget to track the ones they're supposed to be marking and Oxley just stays rooted to his goal line - one day he'll take route! No wonder we give away silly goals, however I am pleased with what I have seen of Lockwood and Wilson so far.

I would like someone (preferably a member of our coaching staff) to organise our defence at set pieces. Harkin left his post for their goal so he wasn't able to clear it off the line and in the second half when defending a corner I saw Harkin watch their big number 10 walk past him into the penalty area and left him completely unmarked. And some of our marking when defending set pieces is really sloppy. Our players forget to track the ones they're supposed to be marking and Oxley just stays rooted to his goal line - one day he'll take route! No wonder we give away silly goals, however I am pleased with what I have seen of Lockwood and Wilson so far.

Some players are a hindrance defending set plays and better off outside the area.

Edited by BP1960

I wasn't much impressed with Wilson either , far too many missed headers and aimless punts forward. I'm not writing them off (Lockwood and Wilson)after one game but thought they were both below par for the way we try to play from the back.

this, too much long ball for my liking

It all depends on the CB of choice. I liked Futcher, Jobson and Warhurst. Tarky is in that category. Cloggers are not my my type. Each to there own.

Mine neither normally.

I just thought it was noticeable how vocal he was and what a presence he was.

We've not had that for a long time.

When we have a goalkeeper that commands his area in the way Lockwood commands his position we will be going somewhere. The next weak link that needs sorting is the Ox.

...and you see; i think he's improving game by game.

He still is stuck to his line far too much; but thats the modern style for the majority of 'Keepers these days.

I dont see him getting into Hulls side if they stay in the Premiership; but i can see us taking him on again.

Back to Lockwood. I did see his organisation; and he is a talker. He was clearly the voice of that back 4 yesterday.

Whilst it's very early days for him - appearance & performance wise - he looked a bit of a mess really. Lost so many headers (i'll give the benifit though due to the conditions) and for every aerial challenge, he was giving a foul away due to a push, a hold or; on more than one occasion, a wrestle.

When Kusunga is back fit, he walks straight back in for me - he's head & shoulder above both Wilson and in particular Lockwood for me.