Latics 1-0 Gills: Post Match Reaction

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oxley was fantastic and kept us in it at the end. He has shown massive improvement over the season and deserves all credit. This shows what happens when people have faith in a player which now needs to be shown in Winchester.

Harkins also put a good shift in (even defensively) and I can't understand why the St.Mirren fans were so uncomplimentary about him.

Excellent result and table looks very positive now and with a few more wins we could be looking at 12-14 finish which would be an improvement. But there is one concern that we can not score more than 1 goal a game and the only way we win is if we keep a clean sheet.

Like when we won 5-4 four weeks ago?

massive win

awful game

we just dont create enough

Harkins was only player to look like doing anything going forwards. Oxly motm by a mile.

Lockwood and Wilson did oK but gillingham still had too many chances we didnt create anything to kill them off. Still a wins a win get something Tuesday and we will be chuggling along nicely

good job the gills forwards had their toblerone boots on, agree ox outstanding I thought wilson and lockwood looked better but why does it feel like every opposition attack troubles us, grounds doesnt look as comfortable at lb as he does at cb and dayton is a waste of space he did nothing in either half of the pitch, stead is getting there, philly is a little frustrating and harkins was magical again, his quality is worth the 20 quid alone the goal was pure class the celebration even better he took the piss out of their right back all day long.

good job the gills forwards had their toblerone boots on, agree ox outstanding I thought wilson and lockwood looked better but why does it feel like every opposition attack troubles us, grounds doesnt look as comfortable at lb as he does at cb and dayton is a waste of space he did nothing in either half of the pitch, stead is getting there, philly is a little frustrating and harkins was magical again, his quality is worth the 20 quid alone the goal was pure class the celebration even better he took the piss out of their right back all day long.

A celebration is better than a goal?

Oxley = Outstanding.

MoTM for me.

Crucial 4 saves, 2 claims and punch.

Without him, that result doesnt happen.

Well done

Oxley = Outstanding.

MoTM for me.

Crucial 4 saves, 2 claims and punch.

Without him, that result doesnt happen.

Well done

Agreed,Oxley was very sharp today.

Harkins goal was well taken,credit to the coaching staff for switching him to the left wing.

I thought Winchester stuck to his task against a big strong team and Lockwood was a tower of strength.

The two Gillinham centre backs were as quick as I've seen in Division this season,it was a tough game for Stead,but he didn't give up which was good to see.

Edited by BP1960