North Stand Construction Thread

Stick a Wetherspoons in there and it would do very well.

agree with this, every away game you'd have a good number of fans going for a breakfast, few drinks and then back there for a few drinks after the game! and obviously home games it would be crammed aswell

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Conferencing is a different kettle of fish. If it's a financial choice between getting the conferencing/banqueting side up and running or a supporters bar then go for the conferencing, make it a wedding venue as well £££££ :( But it seems a supporters bar will be fully fitted out otherwise how would it work on matchdays. So I don't follow your reasoning.

My reasoning is that I am sure they will appoint someone as a Conferencing Manager or equilivent and he will be given a budget to work to......wages etc.

Now I would much rather him use all of his resources to make the conferencing experience an excellent one rather than have to think about staffing a bar that during the day could be dead as a dodo.

I like the idea I would just much rather it happened when the hotel is built and the conferencing has bedded in.....

agree with this, every away game you'd have a good number of fans going for a breakfast, few drinks and then back there for a few drinks after the game! and obviously home games it would be crammed aswell

But Weatherspoons would just pay a rent on space thus denying the club of an excellent profit making opportunity......I just think if we looked at the longer term and didn't rush in and do it all at once we then have less chance of making a mess of it.

Also from experience it's all well and good people saying they would frequent it during the week but it doesn't necessarily happen in reality

My reasoning is that I am sure they will appoint someone as a Conferencing Manager or equilivent and he will be given a budget to work to......wages etc.

Now I would much rather him use all of his resources to make the conferencing experience an excellent one rather than have to think about staffing a bar that during the day could be dead as a dodo.

I like the idea I would just much rather it happened when the hotel is built and the conferencing has bedded in.....

Hotel?............am I missing something, what hotel?

Supporters bar could easily be opened up further down the line if demand warrants it.....all focus should be on the conferencing side of things as making this work 7 days a week is imperative in making this as profitable for the club as possible, Conferencing is where the big margins are whether it's business meeting, exhibitions, sportsmanship dinners, work Xmas parties etc.....this requires undivided attention to get the offer right and repeat business

Then look at opening a supporters bar 7 days a week

I know people will say that is not looking after the fans first and foremost but it's in the best interests of the club long term and therefore the fans.

Your sauce might be able to confirm otherwise, but my understanding was that the stand is owned by the owners and not OAFC? With the stand effectively being a separate entity and a business in its own right, any profits aren't automatically put back into the club are they?

Build the bar anyway. When did we become so accepting of us being :censored: and penniless that the match day experience of paying punters was secondary?

Whatever you think of Corney, and the current climate of foorball's probably played a part, he's had an easy ride.

Your sauce might be able to confirm otherwise, but my understanding was that the stand is owned by the owners and not OAFC? With the stand effectively being a separate entity and a business in its own right, any profits aren't automatically put back into the club are they?

Build the bar anyway. When did we become so accepting of us being :censored: and penniless that the match day experience of paying punters was secondary?

Whatever you think of Corney, and the current climate of foorball's probably played a part, he's had an easy ride.

Exactly, a community football club with owners who class conference rooms and a gym as more important than actual seats in the stand and a proper supporters bar.

Why do people think the owners will get the money from everything in the new stand? Do they get all the income from the other stands? We'll need the income for FFP so would imagine it will go to the club.

But there are no guarantees either way. Nothing's been said and no questions seem to have been asked. We're building a stand with approximately the same number of seats we had in the stand before with no evidence we're (as a club) going to be better off.

There bar is being built 'anyway' we are discussing the opening of said bar 7 days a week and that's got nothing to do with the match day experience

Archived