North Stand Construction Thread

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just seen an interview with Peterborough's chief exec. Their new stand will be ready for supporters by the end of November with all the other commercial/community stuff being still built behind.

It's a shame that this isn't the case for our stand, although progress of late has looked very very slow.

Just seen an interview with Peterborough's chief exec. Their new stand will be ready for supporters by the end of November with all the other commercial/community stuff being still built behind.

It's a shame that this isn't the case for our stand, although progress of late has looked very very slow.

Unless we are playing a top Prem club at home in the 3rd round of The Cup we don't really need the extra seats yet I suppose.

Unless we are playing a top Prem club at home in the 3rd round of The Cup we don't really need the extra seats yet I suppose.

I can never get my head around that mindset, we've had a three sided ground for 6 years, people have stopped coming because of it, and yet putting seats in is the thing they are least bothered about.

So about 2 months ago I make a comment about walking up to the new stand and no one being around nothing happening on site and it ends up with Whitehead inviting me down for a personal tour of the stand to prove work is happen and I got a load of abuse on twitter for saying the stand had come to a stand still...

2 months on nothing has happened with the stand and everyone is coming to the realisation that we are out of cash.

1 point I would be interested to know, what are the contractual implications from Sports Direct if their shop isn't ready by the agreed date.

So about 2 months ago I make a comment about walking up to the new stand and no one being around nothing happening on site and it ends up with Whitehead inviting me down for a personal tour of the stand to prove work is happen and I got a load of abuse on twitter for saying the stand had come to a stand still...

2 months on nothing has happened with the stand and everyone is coming to the realisation that we are out of cash.

1 point I would be interested to know, what are the contractual implications from Sports Direct if their shop isn't ready by the agreed date.

Plenty has happened, if you turn up every week you can see the subtle changes.

Judging by the time they've took to sort the kits out. I don't think sports direct are too arsed about time frames.

I can never get my head around that mindset, we've had a three sided ground for 6 years, people have stopped coming because of it, and yet putting seats in is the thing they are least bothered about.

And you got this information from where...?

Not often I write about stuff but you clearly don't tip up very often if your not seeing progress! We have no reason to rush the build if we are changing bits all the time, I'm really glad we don't have someone like you running our club as it wouldn't last a month!

Step 1: Make unsubstantiated claim that nothing has happened at all in 2 months and we're out of cash

Step 2: Get considered response about how there has actually been subtle progress

Step 3: "Yawn!"

Brilliant.

Did you go? I'm going to have a massive guess and assume no.

Archived