North Stand Construction Thread

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My two observations last night.

1) there does appear to be a TV / press gantry in the structure that's not in the plans. Am I right?

2) the seating area got very wet last night when it rained. I pointed this out to o4u Jr who, as an intelligent young man, responded with his own observation. There are no roof panels in place yet. He enjoyed the moment.

My two observations last night.

1) there does appear to be a TV / press gantry in the structure that's not in the plans. Am I right?

2) the seating area got very wet last night when it rained. I pointed this out to o4u Jr who, as an intelligent young man, responded with his own observation. There are no roof panels in place yet. He enjoyed the moment.

A clip round the ear normally lets them know their place.

The entrances to the concourse look really narrow, will there be enough room for people to pass side by side when coming from different directions? Genuine question.

Maybe there will be a 1 way system till FT, that's why there are 2 close together at each end.

Some more pictures of the innards etc here

The entrances to the concourse look really narrow, will there be enough room for people to pass side by side when coming from different directions? Genuine question.

The Government's Guide to Safety at Sports Grounds specifies a width of 1.2m which is just under 4ft.

Delayed due to unusually warm weather does that mean the builders have been sloping off early to get in the beer garden?

They're probably doing some large concrete pours and are worried about flash setting (means the concrete hardens too quickly and you get brittle material with lower characteristic strength) - and also the beer thing maybe.

They're probably doing some large concrete pours and are worried about flash setting (means the concrete hardens too quickly and you get brittle material with lower characteristic strength) - and also the beer thing maybe.

Makes sense, I always found drinking beer could have a delaying affect on hardening. I think I read it my Graham Norton book of building.

Archived