North Stand Construction Thread

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think he was referring to the capacity after the re-development of the main stand and Chaddy.

I didn't get that impression.

Admittedly I was only half listening, but I was pretty sure he'd just quoted the capacity of the North Stand followed by "which will take us up to 16000"

Plus.....I've not heard squat from anybody about any plans to redevelop the other two stands.

I didn't get that impression.

Admittedly I was only half listening, but I was pretty sure he'd just quoted the capacity of the North Stand followed by "which will take us up to 16000"

Plus.....I've not heard squat from anybody about any plans to redevelop the other two stands.

Thats always beent he case, and indeed formed part of the planing permission for the new stand.

Diego will quote better but IIRC there is outline planning for all 3 stands, just wach will need it won and we are (correctly in my view) doing this one by one as we can afford it. The new stand once up and running will bring extra benefits such as more comapnies interested in developing the other two, especially the Chaddy

Thats always beent he case, and indeed formed part of the planing permission for the new stand.

Diego will quote better but IIRC there is outline planning for all 3 stands, just wach will need it won and we are (correctly in my view) doing this one by one as we can afford it. The new stand once up and running will bring extra benefits such as more comapnies interested in developing the other two, especially the Chaddy

We have outline planning permission for the Chaddy + Hotel going back to the pre-Failsworth days.

If I recall the new stand has a capacity of 2,500.

The RRE is 4,600 (if all from the same club), the Chaddy is 3,200 I think - which with a current capacity of 10,638, puts the main stand at 2,838.

The new full capacity will be around the 13,000 mark - more than sufficient for our club unless we get to the upper reaches of the Championship based on nearly 30 years of following the team (gulp).

Aesthetically I think the new stand, the RRE and the Chaddy (when they paint the roof) all provide a decent compact stadium that looks good. The main stand however is a bit of a old eyesore (sorry if that offends people) but the hardest to upgrade due the proximity to the road.

If I recall the new stand has a capacity of 2,500.

The RRE is 4,600 (if all from the same club), the Chaddy is 3,200 I think - which with a current capacity of 10,638, puts the main stand at 2,838.

The new full capacity will be around the 13,000 mark - more than sufficient for our club unless we get to the upper reaches of the Championship based on nearly 30 years of following the team (gulp).

Aesthetically I think the new stand, the RRE and the Chaddy (when they paint the roof) all provide a decent compact stadium that looks good. The main stand however is a bit of a old eyesore (sorry if that offends people) but the hardest to upgrade due the proximity to the road.

New stand is to hold 3000 iirc as they have changed the plans slightly and got 500 extra in.

13638 is more than adequate unless we get to the premier league and it takes it back to roughly what it was before the lookers went. 13559?

I haven't seen these original plans myself I was referring to leftfoots previous post regarding them being seen somewhere

I understand the hotel will be somewhere around the north stand RRE corner of the ground however I wouldn't exactly call it parking space being 'sacrificed' more putting it to a better use!

In Oldham's Hilton Arcade today, I spotted this picture on display under the heading 'Ideas for Future Oldham'.

14851815361_9b289c487c_c.jpg

I was driving past ths ground yesterday at about 4.30 and popped in.

Brickwork has started on the front of the stand. There was nobody there though, like.

I can't believe I have reached a point in my life where I want to see pictures of bricks.... But did you get any?

Corney suggested the main stand would be the next stand to be developed and if ( big if ) we ever got back to the prem would build again if necessary.

Bit of a turn around from his comments a few months ago when he said we were a 2nd div club punching above our weight in Div 1.

Could it be that the new director has had a word for him to be a little more ambitious when talking to the media?

Corney suggested the main stand would be the next stand to be developed and if ( big if ) we ever got back to the prem would build again if necessary.

Bit of a turn around from his comments a few months ago when he said we were a 2nd div club punching above our weight in Div 1.

Could it be that the new director has had a word for him to be a little more ambitious when talking to the media?

Not a turn around since early last month though.

In an interview on the SDP/BP deal, Corney said "It takes us to another level. It means that there is a gap between us and, if you like, the smaller clubs in our division and we attach ourselves to the bigger clubs."

Archived