North Stand Construction Thread

I've said for weeks and I stand by it... We can't afford to finish the stand and I bet it's not ready for January.

Agree there is no logocal reason for dragging it out, it will earn money when completed not as it is now.

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've said for weeks and I stand by it... We can't afford to finish the stand and I bet it's not ready for January.

I really don't understand your motivation for comments like that.

If work hadn't started you'd have been complaining about that, In fact the stand is well underway, looking impressive and shows every indication that it will be something we can be proud of.

Maybe we would have liked to it to have been thrown up in a fortnight but reality inhabits a different planet. It is probably quite a challenge to find the cash to throw at a fast track building exercise yet every week some progress is made. Corney is on record recently as saying we're looking for it to be finished in January (though if its February I won't slash my wrists), we've got a new income stream from SportsDirect and the noises about tenants for the new stand are positive.

Agree there is no logocal reason for dragging it out, it will earn money when completed not as it is now.

It's all about cash flow. We are not a club that can simply go :censored: it, bang the £4-6 million down straight away.

It will be built, just have patience.

The only bits of it that need to be finished are the shops, offices and revenue generating bits. The seats are the last things that need to go in as they don't bring the cash in, we don't fill the other stands that are open to Oldham fans so there is no rush to get the seats in that won't be used by latics fans.

The only bits of it that need to be finished are the shops, offices and revenue generating bits. The seats are the last things that need to go in as they don't bring the cash in, we don't fill the other stands that are open to Oldham fans so there is no rush to get the seats in that won't be used by latics fans.

You are probably going to have at least 300 or 400 fans swapping there season tickets to the new stand. At £30 a transfer that in its self will be worth £10000 +. Not to mention the Pay on the dayers that will choose the new stand and no doubt have to pay an increased price compared to the other stands.

Plus the Bar that will generate a decent revenue once people are in the seats.

Hopefully a couple of hundred more fans wlly return once we have a 4 sided completed stadium.

There are plenty of reason to get the seats in asap if ts possible for them to do so.

Still peanuts compared to what the other bits of the stand will pull in. The only reason we are building the stand is for the bits that don't face the pitch.

Probaly is peanuts compared to what will be generated elsewhere but thats still not a reason to leave the seats till last. Its all income at the end of the day, if we can make a bit of cash putting the seats in asap then why wouldnt you?

Sports Direct will want the seats in asap,their not going to want us leaving it to the last possible minute to put the seats in when they have put there name to the stadium in a million pound deal.

Sports Direct will want the seats in asap,their not going to want us leaving it to the last possible minute to put the seats in when they have put there name to the stadium in a million pound deal.

In which case I'm sure the club will know about that

In which case I'm sure the club will know about that

Obviously they would.

My point was it would suit everybody to get the seats in place asap (if this is structually/financially possible) and not leave it as the last possible job as Beag Teets suggested

Obviously they would.

My point was it would suit everybody to get the seats in place asap (if this is structually/financially possible) and not leave it as the last possible job as Beag Teets suggested

You won't find any support for that viewpoint on here.

Well, apart from me.

Probaly is peanuts compared to what will be generated elsewhere but thats still not a reason to leave the seats till last. Its all income at the end of the day, if we can make a bit of cash putting the seats in asap then why wouldnt you?

Sports direct will want the new shop open before any seats go in there. The name change is just a bonus to have a link to their website everywhere, hence the '.com' in there.

Archived