North Stand Construction Thread

Your sauce might be able to confirm otherwise, but my understanding was that the stand is owned by the owners and not OAFC? With the stand effectively being a separate entity and a business in its own right, any profits aren't automatically put back into the club are they?

Last month in the Chron, Corney was reported as saying the extra revenue from the stand will to help to push Athletic’s spending power past that of the club’s near-rivals in the Sky Bet League One table. He also said that the stand was an investment that will ultimately benefit the club for years to come.

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-features/10/oldham-athletic-news/86412/new-stand-2m-over-budget

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has been mentioned elsewhere that it existed on the plans originally, oh well cats out of the bag......national chain but nowt to do with Lenny

A new hotel and conference centre is to be built on the civic centre car park area.....will that not be in direct competition with our facilities?

Your sauce might be able to confirm otherwise, but my understanding was that the stand is owned by the owners and not OAFC? With the stand effectively being a separate entity and a business in its own right, any profits aren't automatically put back into the club are they?

Build the bar anyway. When did we become so accepting of us being :censored: and penniless that the match day experience of paying punters was secondary?

Whatever you think of Corney, and the current climate of foorball's probably played a part, he's had an easy ride.

The land is owned by Blitz and Gazal. I understand the stand is owned by the club, and is intended to add income to enable the club to not lose as much as it currently does.

Been to St Helens' Langtree Park tonight where they have 'the Red V' supporters bar.

Pleasant enough and well used, but a little soulless. Hope Latics' effort will have a bit more character.

They did have their own bitter on offer as well, 'Saints Gold', brewed by Robinsons.

In the initial plans and planned to start once stand is completed

Can we see these "initial plans" or do you mean the initial scheme/idea and not a building blueprint type plan.

So, if not behind the Chaddy, is more of the car parking space being sacrificed?

Can we see these "initial plans" or do you mean the initial scheme/idea and not a building blueprint type plan.

So, if not behind the Chaddy, is more of the car parking space being sacrificed?

I haven't seen these original plans myself I was referring to leftfoots previous post regarding them being seen somewhere

I understand the hotel will be somewhere around the north stand RRE corner of the ground however I wouldn't exactly call it parking space being 'sacrificed' more putting it to a better use!

I haven't seen these original plans myself I was referring to leftfoots previous post regarding them being seen somewhere

I understand the hotel will be somewhere around the north stand RRE corner of the ground however I wouldn't exactly call it parking space being 'sacrificed' more putting it to a better use!

Do you mean this:

I think he means the original plans for Oldham arena had plans for a hotel. Sunshine indoors.

In the Oldham Arena plans, circa 2006, the hotel was going to be built behind the Chaddy.

Do you mean this:

In the Oldham Arena plans, circa 2006, the hotel was going to be built behind the Chaddy.

The planning permission granted for the North Stand did not include a hotel.

But there are no guarantees either way. Nothing's been said and no questions seem to have been asked. We're building a stand with approximately the same number of seats we had in the stand before with no evidence we're (as a club) going to be better off.

other than we no longer have a deteriorating stand that costs us £250k+ to maintain with poor and limited facility's instead we have a brand new state of the art stand with vastly improved facility's but hey your a Latics fan so nothing must progress must it

I was talking about this last night when i was told there wasn't going to be a full time bar down there. I think people would go down through the week to support the bar and put money into the club.

I also believe with the facilities within the ground (confrencing, shops, offices etc), the hospital, elk mill, the motorway junction, the hotel over the road. A full time bar has potential down there.

Stick live music on at weekends, big screen sports. Then sports (pool,darts, football, quiz etc) to represent 'oldham athletic' and it could be a little gold mine

I'm bloody gob smacked there isn't allegedly, going to be a full time bar, there must be a genuine reason but I would have attended on match days pre and post match to watch a premier/championship game and even during the weeks to watch latics on tv etc. I was hoping a Wetherspoon type franchise, yes I know it's not everyone's cup of tea but with food in place brekkies, two for one meal offers, curry nights etc. surely they would have captured a bit of business from the hospital staff on the lash and the locals too. Got a darts/pool/ footy team goings too...agree with Chris I think it's a missed opportunity but I presume, there is a Reason why it is not going to happen.

Archived