North Stand Construction Thread

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Deal all but signed on the whole of the 3rd floor office space

Not sure if it's in the plans but the Club Shop will be in the corner of the stand next to the chaddy with the Gym taking up a large proportion....Gym deal agreed in principle

RRE side of the stand will incorporate the reception area for the 2nd floor conference facilities and access to the 3rd floor office space.....potentially a Coffee shop depending on space.

Deal all but signed on the whole of the 3rd floor office space

Not sure if it's in the plans but the Club Shop will be in the corner of the stand next to the chaddy with the Gym taking up a large proportion....Gym deal agreed in principle

RRE side of the stand will incorporate the reception area for the 2nd floor conference facilities and access to the 3rd floor office space.....potentially a Coffee shop depending on space.

There's many a slip twixt the pen and the paper. Patiently awaiting final confirmation.

Supporters bar? Or has it been knocked on the head?

I was told by a 'source' that a deal has been agreed with a local brewery to run it or at least supply it. A well known pub/restraunt chain was in the running but wanted 50% of takings so the club said no.

Supporters Bar is definitely in there but it will only be open on Matchdays....being designed with a view to fans getting down there early for a few pints, bit of Jeff Stelling etc! No decision yet on food but from what I'm hearing it's going to be done 'in house'

Supporters bar only open on match days would be a waste of potential profits for me....it should double up as a coffee shop or something and be open all week.

It could be used as a supporters club, smaller functions like player share nights and trust meetings could be held there....I really can't see the point of it being closed on non match days, if that's the case you may as well continue to use the sponsors suite on the main stand side as a supporters bar and rent the space out to another retailer.

Puzzled???

There's a 2nd floor with numerous conference facilities and further bars.....it's a good start for me, imagine a half empty supporters bar open all week eating into the profits being made elsewhere in the stand....wages, electricity etc. sure there is scope to open it up depending on demand

There's a 2nd floor with numerous conference facilities and further bars.....it's a good start for me, imagine a half empty supporters bar open all week eating into the profits being made elsewhere in the stand....wages, electricity etc. sure there is scope to open it up depending on demand

You've got a big sports retailer, gym, and a complete floor of office space on site I should think potential demand would be there for lunch and refreshments most days of the week at least.

It would be interesting to know how many supporters go in the White Hart, Old Grey Mare, Gteyhound, Rifle Range or Clayton Green on non-match days, and how many of them would change their drinking place to a supporters' bar in the North Stand.

I do and I wouldn't

I would like a 7 days a week supporters' bar.

But opening a new pub when the industry is in decline? You can understand why they wouldn't want to.

I was talking about this last night when i was told there wasn't going to be a full time bar down there. I think people would go down through the week to support the bar and put money into the club.

I also believe with the facilities within the ground (confrencing, shops, offices etc), the hospital, elk mill, the motorway junction, the hotel over the road. A full time bar has potential down there.

Stick live music on at weekends, big screen sports. Then sports (pool,darts, football, quiz etc) to represent 'oldham athletic' and it could be a little gold mine

Supporters bar could easily be opened up further down the line if demand warrants it.....all focus should be on the conferencing side of things as making this work 7 days a week is imperative in making this as profitable for the club as possible, Conferencing is where the big margins are whether it's business meeting, exhibitions, sportsmanship dinners, work Xmas parties etc.....this requires undivided attention to get the offer right and repeat business

Then look at opening a supporters bar 7 days a week

I know people will say that is not looking after the fans first and foremost but it's in the best interests of the club long term and therefore the fans.

You've got a big sports retailer, gym, and a complete floor of office space on site I should think potential demand would be there for lunch and refreshments most days of the week at least.

And a good spot for business people to meet just off the motorway, easy to find

Supporters bar could easily be opened up further down the line if demand warrants it.....all focus should be on the conferencing side of things as making this work 7 days a week is imperative in making this as profitable for the club as possible, Conferencing is where the big margins are whether it's business meeting, exhibitions, sportsmanship dinners, work Xmas parties etc.....this requires undivided attention to get the offer right and repeat business

Conferencing is a different kettle of fish. If it's a financial choice between getting the conferencing/banqueting side up and running or a supporters bar then go for the conferencing, make it a wedding venue as well £££££ :( But it seems a supporters bar will be fully fitted out otherwise how would it work on matchdays. So I don't follow your reasoning.

Archived