Season tickets announced!

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want my football as cheap as possible.

I want my team to acquire, retain and develop the best players.

I want to have the best possible facilities in the ground.

Somewhere within that there's a few bits of compromise that have to be achieved. An average increase of 1.3% a year over the last seven years.

There's still £20 match day admission in the paddock. Finance options for season tickets and unchanged prices for kids.

I don't like the £30 transfer fee to the new stand, although this may become understandable if the standard price in there is £30 or so more. Barry's video is hard going. Far too defensive right at the start. Far too "I'm the club, not the fan".

It is what it is, it's not unreasonable but I would prefer it wasn't happening.

Football in general is overpriced for what is by nature of its unreliable one and a half hours 'entertainment'.

But Latics, are easily one of the cheapest L1 clubs to watch. It is fair to say that many fans will submit that the last 4yrs have been poor value at best.

The season ticket is intended to bring in some income during the summer to cover wages and new contracts. It also gives the club an realistic indication as to what is available for new players. The season ticket holder - who when purchasing the ticket has no idea what team strengthening will take place. They are rewarded with a discount of 7 free games and priority for cup games.

Many fans can't or don't want to see every game. The 7 free games will give some of these fans leeway in judging the value of buying one. It also makes the cheapest adult ticket £14.35 per game which makes look quite reasonable if you attend every game.

I would guess their are a large number of fans who are not interested in making a commitment when they don't have any idea of the calibre of signings that will be made - perfectly logical - but does nothing in helping the club to row the boat out, maybe, for a better quality player or two.

There is no easy way around what is close to a 5% increase over 7yrs).

There is no doubt many people can't afford to go to a football match on a regular basis or at all. But not being able to afford something you would like is a fact of life for everyone.

I would like to think that with the new stand taking shape and a successful defence of our L1 status will persuade some casual fans to buy-in and lets see what happens.

All on here are vociferous in one way or another and love the club. And all on here support the club to a different degree. It would be great if we could all put in the SAME commitment before May 9th.

Ever heard of inflation ?

Bit stunned anyone can complain after a seven year freeze...

Agree. 7 years no increase. Looking at match prices still one of the cheapest! If we as fans want better we got to be prepared to pay for it!! Not often you get owners throwing stupid money around for players anymore!

Just putting this out there, but...

We put the prices well up 7 years ago. In the 7 years since, we haven't increased the price again. However, the standard of football hasn't increased in 7 years has it? If anything, it's got worse.

(Not complaining myself but think people who are have a point)

After 7 years I'm ok with the increase - don't think it's been dealt with well as ever! - but brings it home when the o/h has just renewed her season ticket at Burnley paying £20 less than mine (in cre) and she'll be (probably) watching Premier League football next season...

It was on the cards anyway. Whether it's worth it or not is questionable but that's football as a whole. For all Corney's faults, it's probably less than what we were paying 7 years ago in real terms. Football'a a dear hobby but comparatively we're probably about where we should be.

Nothing against them putting the prices up, but why come out with videos and articles making a massive deal that you've raised prices. Justify it quietly, but don't draw attention to it surely?

Also, again there's barely any mention of student prices. I know there's the membership, but where's the information about it, and what's making me get one when i've got in fine without one this season just showing my NUS card?

Nothing against them putting the prices up, but why come out with videos and articles making a massive deal that you've raised prices. Justify it quietly, but don't draw attention to it surely?

Also, again there's barely any mention of student prices. I know there's the membership, but where's the information about it, and what's making me get one when i've got in fine without one this season just showing my NUS card?

Are you a mature student? If not then perhaps it would be worthwhile you getting the 16-21 intermediate ST.

FWIW £320 in 2007 is worth roughly £383.13 now according to inflation.

As a comparison in Penney's season (2009), from which the standard of football has arguably gone up, £320 then is worth roughly £362.21 now. Thereby meaning this price rise still means a saving of roughly £12.21 from Penney and £33.13 from 2007.

Edited by rudemedic

Good to see that people are seeing the situation with a level head. If you looked at the comments on the official facebook page, you'd have thought the club were holding child hostages as a ransom.

Yes the price of Football is too high and I understand that some of our fans won't renew next season. But whilst you have a £2 billion TV deal, with very little of it going outside of the big clubs. Plus the likes of Chelsea, Man Utd and Arsenal charging whatever they want because if the loyal fan who has been following for 40+ years can't afford it, then someone else will. The rest of the Footballing pyramid will have their hands tied when it comes to ticket prices, we can't afford to get left behind

Not to mention, even with the recent increase, we're still one of the cheapest in League One for ticket prices

Edited by Tommy_Fent

I don't buy a season ticket but my thoughts are that the increase is appropriately modest. Having said that, it may tip the balance for people who might struggle to stump up the cash, in which case, will it pay for itself in the long term?

The bit I have a slight problem with is the statement that prices have been frozen for seven years. That's not true; for the 2010/11 season, you could get a RRE season ticket for £279. (http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-features/10/oldham-athletic/40073/seasonticket-tonic-for-fans)

Someone needs to let you know how instrumental they have been to the club and how your all a bunch of moaning bastards.... :)

Edited by oafc0000

Just putting this out there, but...

We put the prices well up 7 years ago. In the 7 years since, we haven't increased the price again. However, the standard of football hasn't increased in 7 years has it? If anything, it's got worse.

(Not complaining myself but think people who are have a point)

We're in the same division.

But, I guess that standard of your petrol and bread has gone up.

Inflation is inflation.

We're in the same division.

But, I guess that standard of your petrol and bread has gone up.

Inflation is inflation.

It's not petrol and bread though. It's a football team.

But just on the inflation argument - I cycle a bit. If you spend £1000 on a bike now you'd get a much better bike than you would have 7 years ago.

But then again, we're not buying bikes, we're buying season tickets at a football club.

It's not petrol and bread though. It's a football team.

But just on the inflation argument - I cycle a bit. If you spend £1000 on a bike now you'd get a much better bike than you would have 7 years ago.

But then again, we're not buying bikes, we're buying season tickets at a football club.

Bikes will in theory obey something analogistic to Moore's law though. Football clubs won't. But you kinda said that.

There aren't many ways to say "these are the new season ticket prices"

Did you want telling by carrier pigeon or something?

Maybe. In a catch the pigeon style comp perhaps??

Just felt that (as you well know) there are plenty better, more planned and organised ways to launch such a key sales initiative for the business.