Great Performance Tonight

Credit to all who played tonight, great shift from the lads, even with nothing to play for we looked like a decent team.

Worrall, seemingly a revelation at left back, definitely his best performance in a Latics Shirt.

Kissock, Great find for me, both times i've seen him he's looked busy - willing to get forward and defend too, hope we sign him.

Wilson and Lockwood also very solid. Brown had another great game, very mature performance from him tonight.

Onwards and Upwards. 9 games unbeaten. :OWTB1:

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We were alright. "Great" is pushing it a bit.

Very few chances for a home team second half, until Winchester came on.

Kissock looked good like last time he played but again, like last time he played, what did he actually do that led to anything? I'd give him a deal if he's cheap though.

Byrom didn't do much but didn't do much wrong either.

Keeper and defence were fine as per usual. Worrall was reasonable at left back - is Grounds injured or gone?

Dayton did well and frustrated in equal measure.

Harkins best game for a while.

Some beautiful football from Winchester.

Philliskirk has been reading my constructive criticism and has stopped turn, turn, turning which was good to see.

good performance.. wouldn't say great

keeper and back four, great again (special mention to brown, playing out of his skin of late)

midfield, decent shift... byrom looked nackered though! understandable i suppose

McDonald is a gonner, JCH refrained maguire from running forward with ease, mcdonald just let him walk through into midfield!

substitutes did themselves no shame, put in a decent shift.. and ive always liked the look of winchester - give him a run of games out on right midfield

So glad WINCHESTER got a run out and performed admirably. He's got it in his locker and can't help but feel he has been mistreated now by a few managers, but granted he doesn't help himself. Didn't think we'd see him again after the second half against Rotherham / Preston (delete as appropriate!). Class player and technically is a level above this one, but physically is an under 15 player. Give him another year - tell him he can make RM his own next term and get him on the weights (again saying this).

Credit to all who played tonight, great shift from the lads, even with nothing to play for we looked like a decent team.

Worrall, seemingly a revelation at left back, definitely his best performance in a Latics Shirt.

Kissock, Great find for me, both times i've seen him he's looked busy - willing to get forward and defend too, hope we sign him.

Wilson and Lockwood also very solid. Brown had another great game, very mature performance from him tonight.

Onwards and Upwards. 9 games unbeaten. :OWTB1:

Gave Sheffield the freedom of the park, we are supposed to be at home.

I hope that's not the template for games at the Sport Direct stadium next season.

Enjoyed the game immensely and the atmosphere superb.

Did think a draw was on the cards when 20 mins into the second half we still hadn't managed to get into their half and they pressured for a goal, so got to agree with BP there.

Winny, wow two excellent chances created, just need Charlie Mac to be put on a rack a stretched a few inches taller.

Hoping we can keep the majority of the squad now, new stand is moving on swiftly and not once did the all get kicked over heheh.

Have a good feeling that next season will be a good one and oh yes......Baxter is an oldham fan, unsure if his one on one was fluffed..hmmmmm

Edited by underdog

Come on leaps and bounds, just need a left back like him now.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. He Still needs vast improvement.Mills would be a great signing for next season and would be just like him, he would be better

Not defensively IMO.

Same for me, he snuffed out most chances they had tonight, pressured high at the right times, and covered when the ball went behind the centre backs. He could still improve on his crossing and does tend to have at least 1 really bad pass a game, but as a young improving and I would have thought cheap full back we could do a lot worse.

Defence and midfield both seem more organised than we've seen for years, especially the defence - keep most of these players and stick two proper forwards up top and we'll have every chance of a promotion push next season.

Even if we lose players, he's learnt enough to bring a run of form like this much earlier on next season, by the looks of it anyway........

Edited by HarryBosch

Not bad that. Interesting that the two high profile out of contract players were 'rested'. Kenny Jackett in attendance too - maybe that JCH rumour does have legs.

Also very good news in that FC SCUM lost in their playoff (the bottling twats). Bet rummy has a right sulk on tomorrow.

Not bad that. Interesting that the two high profile out of contract players were 'rested'. Kenny Jackett in attendance too - maybe that JCH rumour does have legs.

Also very good news in that FC SCUM lost in their playoff (the bottling twats). Bet rummy has a right sulk on tomorrow.

JCH had no legs tonight though, looks jaded after all his front running efforts of late.

I listened on Radio Sheffield, and they were impressed with Brown (ex-Blade) especially.

They also said Rachubka has kept 11 clean sheets out of 17 games he's played this season. Impressive stat.

We've not lost with him on the pitch this season.

Brown was brilliant and thought Harkins had his best game for a few weeks.

I'd like Kissock on the cheap.

We've not lost with him on the pitch this season.

Brown was brilliant and thought Harkins had his best game for a few weeks.

I'd like Kissock on the cheap.

Kissock's not for me,does a lot of chasing, but non creative and caught in possession too easily.

Edited by BP1960